Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As requested I've put aside my revision for a day (for which I am now feeling guilty about lol) and mapped the projects in the City of London. Sorry for the huge size but I needed to make it that big in order to fit everything on. I'm also not too pleased with the google earth snapshots because it kept changing the angle and the zoom so that some of the shots don't match up properly but anyway...

If you see any error please ignore them :) (seriously tell me).

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
Wow very good job.

couple of slight errors- Centurion house is actually the building to the NE of Monument
Cannon house is the large square block just above the station - So just south across the road from the position on your map.

·
BLAND
8,873 Posts
:bow: And I swallow too!

Fantastic stuff...I thought you were supposed to be revising....unless you are studying architecture of course :laugh:

Edit: just read your note at the top

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow very good job.

couple of slight errors- Centurion house is actually the building to the NE of Monument
Cannon house is the large square block just above the station - So just south across the road from the position on your map.
Ok I'll change them later...i got confused on a lot of the plots so they might not be the exact size or the exact location but their more or less there...as you can imagine its hard for someone who doesn't live in London.

·
Registered
24,430 Posts
Cannon Place also needs to be one plot to the south across the road and Walbrook extended to the east, it's a large plot.

·
Divemaster!
6,699 Posts
Despite a few innacuracies (that I didn't notice anyway as I'm not familiar with London) that is one dammed good accumulation of all the City projects and their locations!!

I salute you sir!

Btw, that 140m Milton Court project is great, I'd forgottten all about it, but it's actually a great design, a nice height, and is proposed right next to another tower...anyone know what's happening with it?

:cheers:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Despite a few innacuracies (that I didn't notice anyway as I'm not familiar with London) that is one dammed good accumulation of all the City projects and their locations!!

I salute you sir!

Btw, that 140m Milton Court project is great, I'd forgottten all about it, but it's actually a great design, a nice height, and is proposed right next to another tower...anyone know what's happening with it?

:cheers:

Milton Court went into Planning and was rejected for a number of reasons and they have been asked to redesign it...see the thread for more.

·
35,232 Posts
this is brilliant. what did you put it together in? if i can get one from wikimaps do you think you could use that instead, then I can host it on skyscrapernews.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Really good! Thanks for doing that, really helps give a sense of where all the buildings are in relation to each other! and shows again how incredibley Massive London is!, thanks Again.! Good luck with the Revision too.

·
BLAND
8,873 Posts
I told you didnt I fella ....how it would be appreciated :)

·
BLAND
8,873 Posts
^^^ ok, that would be fantastic...but dont do what I did and use it as an excuse to not do your work...do that first (or some of it) and you will feel so proud of yourself!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts