Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
i can't wait to go back.

-

·
Banned
199 Posts
ok

Good but nothing special. Pretty plain overhall, lacking in charm. Lack the mysterious aura like Paris, Rome or Vienna. London is more a functional and earthly city.

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Quezalcoatl26 said:
Good but nothing special. Pretty plain overhall, lacking in charm. Lack the mysterious aura like Paris, Rome or Vienna. London is more a functional and earthly city.
I hope you're banned from this forum very soon ... troll.

@John
Those pics are fantastic, thanks a lot for posting.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It is awesome... a nice modern building fitting into the old surroundings.

·
Banned
199 Posts
Re

wjfox2002 said:
I hope you're banned from this forum very soon ... troll.

@John
Those pics are fantastic, thanks a lot for posting.
What next are you going to common my taste. This is my opinion mate and London is not a very beautiful, it more a functional city rather one with charm. are you going to ban me just because as most non-English find London rather unattractive. And how that make me a troll, I'm I obliged to love London, I'm I oblige to say something is beautiful when I find it mediocre, who are you a tyrant or a fool. How dare you call me a troll when I'm just expressing my opinion without being vulgar. Is it criticism is not tolerated here, I'm not breaking any rules of the forum. Neither I'm I insulting anyone. :bash:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Love your pics and look forward to your others. St. Paul's looks great all cleaned up doesn't it? London has fabulous architecture and as my former home I love it.

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Quezalcoatl26 said:
What next are you going to common my taste. This is my opinion mate and London is not a very beautiful, it more a functional city rather one with charm. are you going to ban me just because as most non-English find London rather unattractive. And how that make me a troll, I'm I obliged to love London, I'm I oblige to say something is beautiful when I find it mediocre, who are you a tyrant or a fool. How dare you call me a troll when I'm just expressing my opinion without being vulgar. Is it criticism is not tolerated here, I'm not breaking any rules of the forum. Neither I'm I insulting anyone. :bash:
Yes, you're a troll. Please stay out of this forum.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Quezalcoatl26 said:
I absolutely disagree.

Maybe the frivolous postcard-type charm is not its trademark... But London has its unique, very special aura. Yes, it is mysterious. It draws serious attention and attracts regardless of one's specific architectural tastes. It's so serene, apparently so classic and solemn on the surface at least... But one wonders if there's also something wild pulsating there, somewhere close to those monumental areas depicted in this thread. The answer must be - yes, London has many faces.

I think it is a leading world metropolis to be discovered over & over again throughout a full lifetime. London escapes easy conclusions.

As for Vienna, where I spent several weeks - well, it's nice, picturesque, historical and very well kept... But frankly, "mysterious" is the last quality I would give to it. When I was there, I always had the impression that it was exactly what Walt Disney would produce, if someone asked him to reconstruct "A Perfect Fin-De-Siecle Capital of a Former-European-Continental-Multinational-Empire". So where's the mystery? Once my eyes were satisfied with the sight of pretty buildings, a sense of sleepy boredom and emptiness increasingly prevailed.

That never happens when I see London.

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for warm reactions about my photos! :)

As for the "charm" I don't undearstand what Quezalcoatl26 is talking about. London is an amazing city and this is caused not by functionality, it definitely has its charm. Is there another city in the world with so many wonderful parks, such beautiful and pleasant suburbs and such a wonderful mix of old and new architecture? Combining all this there is simply NO city in the world which could beat it. We might have perfect old (Paris, Vienna), or loads of shiny new skyacrapers (Hong Kong) but London has it all and it's all so harmonic and makes such a nice mix. Be it only my personal opinion but it's true! :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Vars_ said:
I absolutely disagree.

Maybe the frivolous postcard-type charm is not its trademark... But London has its unique, very special aura. Yes, it is mysterious. It draws serious attention and attracts regardless of one's specific architectural tastes. It's so serene, apparently so classic and solemn on the surface at least... But one wonders if there's also something wild pulsating there, somewhere close to those monumental areas depicted in this thread. The answer must be - yes, London has many faces.

I think it is a leading world metropolis to be discovered over & over again throughout a full lifetime. London escapes easy conclusions.

As for Vienna, where I spent several weeks - well, it's nice, picturesque, historical and very well kept... But frankly, "mysterious" is the last quality I would give to it. When I was there, I always had the impression that it was exactly what Walt Disney would produce, if someone asked him to reconstruct "A Perfect Fin-De-Siecle Capital of a Former-European-Continental-Multinational-Empire". So where's the mystery? Once my eyes were satisfied with the sight of pretty buildings, a sense of sleepy boredom and emptiness increasingly prevailed.

That never happens when I see London.
Well said :yes:

·
Banned
199 Posts
Re

John said:
Thanks for warm reactions about my photos! :)

As for the "charm" I don't undearstand what Quezalcoatl26 is talking about. London is an amazing city and this is caused not by functionality, it definitely has its charm. Is there another city in the world with so many wonderful parks, such beautiful and pleasant suburbs and such a wonderful mix of old and new architecture? Combining all this there is simply NO city in the world which could beat it. We might have perfect old (Paris, Vienna), or loads of shiny new skyacrapers (Hong Kong) but London has it all and it's all so harmonic and makes such a nice mix. Be it only my personal opinion but it's true! :)
Doesn't change the fact that London isn't a great tourists destination, for the same reason london is a dull city, no matter how much they try they seem to get wrong.

·
Banned
199 Posts
Re

wjfox2002 said:
Yes, you're a troll. Please stay out of this forum.
Perhaps you should see the log in your eyes first. London is a dull city that;s my opinion (and the majority of people think like me) and there is nothing you can do about that.

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quezalcoatl26 said:
Doesn't change the fact that London isn't a great tourists destination, for the same reason london is a dull city, no matter how much they try they seem to get wrong.
But it IS a great tourist city and it gets more tourists than any other city in Europe. You either haven't been to London or haven't been there enough to see how great and wonderful it is. ;)

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Quezalcoatl26 said:
Perhaps you should see the log in your eyes first. London is a dull city that;s my opinion (and the majority of people think like me) and there is nothing you can do about that.
Quezalcoatl26 said:
You've only made 8 posts so far, but already you're proving yourself to be a troll.

If you don't have anything nice to say, then stay out of this thread. Consider this a warning, by the way - I'm a moderator and I will recommend you for a brigging/banning if you keep up with such ridiculous, antagonizing statements.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts