Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The town is situated in fertile plain of Trnava range hills, 50 km from the capital city Bratislava. The surroundings of Trnava was colonized already from the 8th century by the Slavs. The first written reference about Trnava is from 1211. The name of the town derives from the markets, that they carried out of Saturday (in German Tyrnau and the Hungarian Szombat) Trnava as the first town in Slovakia (and as the second town in Hungary) was granted by the Hungarian King Belo IV free royal privileges in 1238. In the second half of the 13th century the citizens have built the first town fortifications and more late the stone fortifications with the ramparts and four gates in order to defend their property.

The town of Trnava was also the town of important encounter and agreements between the monarchs. The king Luis I of Anjou was built here the real court ("curia regia") and thanks to him were built many gothic buildings.

The importance of the town grew above all in the 16th century, when in 1543 the archbishops of Esztergom with their diocese have transferred themselves threaten by the Turkish danger. Trnava became the coronation town of the Hungarian kings and also the spiritual, religious and cultural center. In the XVII century it was "written" a chapter of golden history of Trnava, when the cardinal Peter Pazmany founded in 1635 the Trnava University, and became quite soon a well-known university town in all Europe. But this period not last to a long time. After that the Turks were repelled, the town began loser its importance and in 1777 the empress Maria Theresa made transfer the university to Buda.

In the years 1792-97 Trnava became a center of the Slovak National Awakening and Anton Bernolak established here the main stand of Slovak Educational Craftsmanship (Slovenske ucene tovarisstvo). Bernolak has been the codifier of first Slovak literary language based on the dialect of Trnava. Trnava comes called also a "Little Rome" because of the characteristic complex of university buildings and the many present churches in town.

Trnava has app. 70.000 inhabitants :)))

·
Registered
291 Posts
Peter, Trnava centre, not only historical one is a very compact one. For me was the shopping street near the historical centre, combining the old and new architecture a fine experience.

More pictures from the Trnava:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
long foot said:
:wtf:

If you don't like Slovakia, then keep your opinion for yourself and don't post here!
well, he can have his opinion... that´s fine, we cant have only "one right" opinion, but now I´m curious why?... I know, that you can find "good" and "bad" peole all around the world... but still, why? what has happened? hmm

·
otišao i neće se vratiti
6,736 Posts
peterthegreat said:
well, he can has his opinion... that´s fine, we cant have only "one right" opinion, but now I´m curious why?... I know, that you can find "good" and "bad" peole all around the world... but still, why? what has happened? hmm
Maybe you are threat to world peace :D

I agree with you, he can have his opinion, but it is ridiculous to say "I don like this or that country" without any explanation. It is better to keep quiet, than to say something foolish.

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
peterthegreat said:
well, he can has his opinion... that´s fine, we cant have only "one right" opinion, but now I´m curious why?... I know, that you can find "good" and "bad" peole all around the world... but still, why? what has happened? hmm
Because of this psychopath Wicky, every topic that involves Turkey he says ridiculous things, like even Iran has better highways than Turkey etc.... he is a troll...... I got the feeling that Slowakians are racists and ignorant, but I hope to get to know nice Slovakians, maybe some of you :)

What would you say if I said "even Iran is better than Slovakia" all the time?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ozcan said:
Because of this psychopath Wicky, every topic that involves Turkey he says ridiculous things, like even Iran has better highways than Turkey etc.... he is a troll...... I got the feeling that Slowakians are racists and ignorant, but I hope to get to know nice Slovakians, maybe some of you :)
well... i dont understand this... how you can conclude that you dont like Slovakia, when you havent been here? bcs of one man writing something? I know, it´s hard to read not nice things about your country (bcs for everyone is the best and most beautiful country his motherland)...

anyway, i´ll do my best to show you, that Slovakia is nice country :)

btw we have to turn over the page...

·
otišao i neće se vratiti
6,736 Posts
Ozcan said:

What would you say if I said "even Iran is better than Slovakia" all the time?
Wicky is psychopath? Don't be funny!
But if you dislike one person, you don't have to dislike the whole nation or country!

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
long foot said:
Wicky is psychopath? Don't be funny!
But if you dislike one person, you don't have to dislike the whole nation or country!
I'm sorry but I have seen a lot of psychopaths on this forum, I get paranoide :D

Slovakia is beautiful, looks like Prague!
Turkey is a modern and rapidly developing country too! I can delete this later!

·
Registered
15,028 Posts
Trnava looks very nice. What about those commieblocks around the city?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Xabi said:
Trnava looks very nice. What about those commieblocks around the city?
what about them? unfortunately i´m sure the´ll be there for some years.... that´s our heritage from the past... and people needs to live somewhere... it´s too expensive to demolish them and build new one... hmm... as you know, they are in each city in Slovakia and former communist block countries...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts