SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
It doesn't have to. With this scheme built along with new developments on the Yorkshire Post site and ideally one day the West Street surface car park this area will begin to resemble a cohesive urban area flowing from Wellington Street with the river/canal to the south and Woodhouse to the north.
That’s a good point. I am sure it is possible to redesign the junctions underneath the IRR to mitigate its impact.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Surely they're supposed to give constructive criticism? Comments like this are just rude.

I think it's really disrespectful to the architects who will have put a lot of time and effort into this.
I quite agree with you and would add that it’s also bloody rude and disrespectful not to have read the papers that were sent out before the meeting. The few times I’ve watched panel meetings, everyone’s time was wasted by members asking questions they would have know the answers to if they’d bothered to prepare properly for the meeting.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
So in other words they're a bit of a shower. Lacking any objectivity or acknowledged standards of rigour, instead applying low or even slovenly levels of basic professionalism. Comparable to a neighbourhood watch group if you will
I know the remuneration paid to most councillors would not enable them to resign their day jobs to do this full-time so we must bear that in mind. But if you put yourself forward as a councillor to sit on the plans panel, you must be prepared to put in the time and effort to justify your place there.

After I left university I worked for a company as a very junior errand boy. But it meant I had to attend board meetings to fetch and carry for them. If board members asked the kind of daft questions that some members of the plans panel ask, they would get slapped down by the chair. And one persistent offender got a very public bollocking after the meeting.

I’d love to see that principle applied here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts