SkyscraperCity Forum banner
221 - 235 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
4,303 Posts

"Initial Phase One works are expected to start on site in 2022, with construction due to begin in 2023 on 205 BTR apartments, 362 PBSA bedrooms and circa 4,000 sq ft of commercial space. "

·
Registered
133 Posts
"Latimer, the development arm of the Clarion Housing Group, has appointed JLL as both principal development advisor for the build-to-rent and student residential assets and to lead the search for funding partners for these elements at the scheme."

There's the small matter of money too. Surely they won't struggle to get this funded in the current market, but start dates aren't worth much until they have someone willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This scheme is to be determined by the Plans Panel on 21st April.

Full application 21/08190/FU for the site preparation and the first five buildings (8 to 17 stories)
Outline application for the remaining six buildings, developed in phases (8 to 15 stories)

Far too many 1 beds, this the perfect location for a majority of 2 beds / 3 beds and from the developers point of view they have the substantial student element to guarantee the build

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I can't face watching the plans panel meeting for this or any other residential schemes now. Expect the same tedious arguments about the amount of green space, 3 bedroom apartments, affordable housing, trees, children's play areas, NIMBY's objecting. I'm not saying these things aren't important, I just wish they were sorted (if they are policy) before they went to panel.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
from businessdesk.com

Vacant land to be transformed into 1,400-home scheme

A major new residential development will be built on brownfield land west of Leeds city centre, after plans were approved by the council this afternoon – 21 April.

Latimer, the development arm of Clarion Housing Group, has been given the green light to transform the vacant 13-acre riverside plot on Kirkstall Road and deliver a landmark 1,437-home scheme.

The not-for-profit developer acquired the site in 2020 and will provide a total of 503 affordable homes– representing over a third of all the new homes built.

As few as 100 homes at the site needed to be affordable under local policy rules but Latimer has increased its provision to deliver over 500. These homes will be a mix of social rent and shared ownership for local people, with the others being sold privately.

The wider Kirkstall Road scheme will provide one, two and three-bedroom apartments set across 11 blocks ranging from eight to 17 storeys in height.

There will also be 13 three-bedroom townhouses with private gardens and a dedicated new student accommodation block – featuring 355 rooms.

·
7,312 Posts
I can't face watching the plans panel meeting for this or any other residential schemes now. Expect the same tedious arguments about the amount of green space, 3 bedroom apartments, affordable housing, trees, children's play areas, NIMBY's objecting. I'm not saying these things aren't important, I just wish they were sorted (if they are policy) before they went to panel.
I did listen in, and you're not far off, certainly the amount of 3 bedroom units was a hot topic, although they did agree that as it was policy compliant they couldn't do much about it so it was comfortably passed, but also that they are looking to get the policy reviewed in the future to make the balance of units more localised.

The level of affordable units is high but they did mention some government funding is in for this, which was time limited so had to get it pushed through promptly.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Okay found the timelines

Work on the Kirkstall Road site will begin in summer 2022 with an expected completion date of 2029.
There'll be a lot of site remediation works I suspect so I'd put true construction from 2023-2029. A 6 year build schedule, most likely developed in three phases.

221 - 235 of 235 Posts