Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Sorry for dragging up an age old thread, but what with wellington place and all the talk with YEP building and bridge house and the like just wondered if any detailed plans or anything ever happened with this? I know at present an awful lot of the hoardings have come down and the site on kirkstall road has become a surface car park, but they have pulled down a lot of the adjacent warehouses as well and this in my opinion is such an important site that is often forgotten about, I mean it could be key to linking central Leeds with kirkstall road a bit more, which everyone knows is needed.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Fairly certainly the arla site has been bought by Kirkstall brewery. Though that doesn't mean it can't be included in a overall scheme I guess!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
For the first time ever today I realised there is a bridge already there between these sites. Never noticed it before!

Houses are ok, as stated before the social hosing look better. But they are alright.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
^^^ I kinda feel like that too, but at the same time, that might be a good thing, encourage people out of the traditional suburbs and push them into the centre.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts