Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
7,120 Posts
Not sure, but maybe you've answered your own question. They must be up to something from what you described, presumably some sort of site clearance?

Incidentally, just noticed it links right up to the back of the Premier Inn and TGI Friday site, as well as directly opposite the plethora of developments across Kirkstal Rd, so isn't too isolated from domestic type development.

·
7,120 Posts

·
7,120 Posts
There was a report on the national news recently that the buy to let market is exploding out of control again and will soon surpass the pre-crash levels, and their recent tax changes about to go live are partly to try to dampen that particular market down a bit.

·
7,120 Posts
Good news - the outline application for City Reach 15/06844/OT has been approved in principle with the final decision delegated to the Chief Planning Officer (who recommended it for approval anyway). Not only that, the plans panel apparently quite like the scheme in general.

·
7,120 Posts

·
7,120 Posts
Ah, wishful thinking, the tallest part would be 17 stories, and others at 15, but that's not bad for Kirkstall Road.

I just want them to get on with something as that whole portion of Kirkstall Road has looked awful like a massive bomb site for years - I'd be happy with an estate of bungalows now.

·
7,120 Posts
Here are some new images of the revised City Reach scheme.

It looks to be a massive and comprehensive plan which would totally transform this now rather run down A65 approach into Leeds (also with the adjacent Tannery proposal). Very ambitious, but as usual it is a case of will it actually happen?

Full 2 Sep 2021 presentation slides here -
https://democracy.leeds.gov.uk/documents/b27513/City Plans Panel - 2nd September 2021 - Presentation Slides 02nd-Sep-2021 13.30 City Plans Panel.pdf?T=9

Overall scheme, with complete Otter Island development in the foreground

Proposed view from Kirkstall Road

·
7,120 Posts
It was a rude comment, I'm sure the room went quiet in shock, and some little comments were made after by other members saying its not like communist housing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts