SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Sorry for dragging up an age old thread, but what with wellington place and all the talk with YEP building and bridge house and the like just wondered if any detailed plans or anything ever happened with this? I know at present an awful lot of the hoardings have come down and the site on kirkstall road has become a surface car park, but they have pulled down a lot of the adjacent warehouses as well and this in my opinion is such an important site that is often forgotten about, I mean it could be key to linking central Leeds with kirkstall road a bit more, which everyone knows is needed.
You'd need to get rid of that god-awful motorway system / flyover before Kirkstall Road can flow into the city centre.

I do agree though, it'd be great if Kirkstall Road became an extention of the city centre.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
It's hard to be positive about anything these days and this is a perfect example of that.

Another prime location situated close to the city centre with excellent links to the motorway network and we're getting another carbuncle.

I'm just glad we've had Trinity and the Leeds Arena to be positive about.
Hear, hear!!

As always with Leeds it's one step forward, two steps back!! :eek:hno:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts