Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
yeah, although there is still a lot of light industry between Wellington rd and Armley canal bridge, in the future you could imagine a 'west bank' of similar schemes utilising the river and canal all the way to st anns mills kirkstall

that would be otterly fantastic

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
yeah it looks grr8, in a different league to the previous proposals for this site.:)
btw the 'park' part to the right and the bridge are already there at the back of the city gate site.

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
I hope City Reach looks like those renders, i think they mean similar building heights and massing in relation to the blocks across the road. I've noticed quite a few new takeaways appeared on Burley road recently on the same parade as Hafsin the Persian Restaurant. As far as pubs go, there's only the Highland and the Fox & Newt left after the Queen pub was converted to a supermarket a while ago.

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
For the first time ever today I realised there is a bridge already there between these sites. Never noticed it before!

ere you go max, i knew i had a pic of it somewhere..:)
btw i noticed last week what looked like a toilet block had appeared here by the riverside, and lots of vans also. Hard to tell whether anythings afoot as the site seems to be used for car parking on the rest of the site nearer to kirkstall road.
Scratch that..it's the site on Kirkstall road next to it where those mega blocks were proposed long ago

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
I kwym there, it's either a walk to half way up wellington st or to the Kirkstall viaduct from there atm. That or traversing the mad half mile of kirkstall road to get to the Burley road shops. Somewhere on that citygate site next door must be the hope..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts