Skyscraper City Forum banner
21 - 40 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
It's hard to be positive about anything these days and this is a perfect example of that.

Another prime location situated close to the city centre with excellent links to the motorway network and we're getting another carbuncle.

I'm just glad we've had Trinity and the Leeds Arena to be positive about.
Hear, hear!!

As always with Leeds it's one step forward, two steps back!! :eek:hno:

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
Would be good to see this development start construction as a way for the city centre to blend into Armley, Kirkstall and Burley although I hope this development actually starts soon as opposed to just left as an empty plot.

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Looks like the cheap, standard, repetitive, faux trad rubbish the big housebuilders vomit out.

Hugely disappointing and to say its better than what's there isn't really any excuse for mediocre design.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
the quality of the Yarn Street development shows what is possible and what should be expected. water front locations should be an "in thing" in Leeds so development opportunities shouldn't be wasted on sub-standard designs like this :eek:hno:

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I have to agree with those who dislike it, it just seems far too repetitive and bland. Admittedly I haven't seen the plans (I'm away from a computer right now) but from those renders it looks poor. There's no defendable reason why there can't be a bit of variation, just to break up the communist-Russia-esque planning of it.

21 - 40 of 222 Posts