Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Nope. I read an article back in 2006 and there was a little hype but then nothing. I actually forgot about it until you mentioned it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thank you for bringing this up 900 Biscayne. This was one of my favorite projects with its huge retail component and 2 towers.

Wasnt Mark Siffin (is that his name?) trying to get some money from the city or county to get this thing rolling?

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
There was an article a few months back about the residential portion being scrapped and the developer was instead looking to get a deal to build parking for the Carnival Center on the site instead (with ground floor retail I assume).

·
Registered
809 Posts
I don't think they should tare down the Herald for this. Locate somewhere else. Tare down that disgusting 1440 biscayne. That is that white blocky building right across the street from the carnival. What a waste of land. Love the Building though for the square.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I think Miami Herald should move itself to a more impressive building somewhere in Brickell or in the CBD. The building it's in now is not impressive and too puny for such a great location.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Didn't the Herald move most of their offices to Miramar already? I was under the impression that the only reason they were holding on to that land was for the printing presses. If those go anywhere, it'll probably be some industrial park in West Dade.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
If they really moved to Miramar, its really a damn shame?!
They could have done a nice mid-rise or high-rise in Downtown! Like every big city should have its major newspaper, especially when Miami only has one!
And are you talking about the Herald building right next to I-75? Isnt that building kinda of samll to be the heralds main offices? I thought they just had spread out offices all over the place becuase they have an office building in Hialeah too.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts