SkyscraperCity banner

641 - 660 of 801 Posts

·
Master of Awesomeness!
118 Posts
Tell me about it.
Manila, Jakarta, Beijing, Delhi, Shanghai...

Jakarta

Jakarta

Manila

Manila

Shanghai

Shanghai

Shanghai

Shanghai

Beijing

Beijing

Beijing

Delhi

Delhi

·
***Alexxx***
5,273 Posts
I wouldn't even bother to drive if it was that bad! I'm sure walking would be faster lol

·
Registered
559 Posts
I wouldn't even bother to drive if it was that bad! I'm sure walking would be faster lol
Yesterday, due to a broken truck, I took exactly 1 hour to go through 2 kilometers. In this caso, walking is 3x faster!! Unless you don't mind walking under a 40 degree celcius scorching sun!

·
Registered
18,295 Posts
Mr. Uncut: almost poetic in the awfulness of traffic. You should set a montage of these to music; maybe "We'll Meet Again" (don't know where, don't know when") would be good.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
^^
I was wondering about it. It's how i remember it, one roundabout, which is a big square with a little sign 'roundabout' in the middle, and cars doing whatever around it. Back then - ages ago - it made an impression.

Very probably, St Petersburg, Istanbul, São Paulo, Paris of the places I've been are much worse than that. Perhaps even Bucharest. But it's more organised. And this place was the place I had to think of first.

Same story with Naples - one of the places I've been more than a decade ago, and made an impression. Though I believe it is in known for most the maniacal drivers of Italy (which would be quite a honour).

Oh, obviously, I'm not thinking pure numbers of cars, but places known for endless traffic jams and/or suisidal driving style.

·
Registered
559 Posts
"Worst" is relative. To me, worst is about traffic volume, spending hours and hours to go through the city.. Suicidal style of driving i.e India, Pakistan and such are really bad, but I think that almost 7 million cars on the street makes driving a much more annoying experience.

·
Anti-Catholic User
1,140 Posts
That sounds like Casablanca Morocco , very similar , I do not know about Rome but at least in Casablanca they are widening highways , building new highways , building a new tramway network and now offering some intense educational driving classes and putting new tough driving laws let us hope that works for Casablanca ,
any thing being done in Rome about this issue ?
Nothing except a pair of new metro lines under costruction (with budget and various problems), but always not enought for the whole city. Education with the car in Rom is almost unknow.

·
Registered
559 Posts
It's impressive how the government turns it's back to the population here in Rio de Janeiro. Everyday, at the same time, the same traffic jams, because of the same reasons, and nobody does anything.

How much longer will I have to take 2 hours and 30 minutes to go through 20km (12,5 miles) @ 9am?

Christ...

641 - 660 of 801 Posts