1 - 20 of 1792 Posts

·
Registered
97,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The world fact from CIA
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/

Communications Cambodia
Telephones - main lines in use:35,400 (2002)
Telephones - mobile cellular:380,000 (2002)
Telephone system:general assessment: adequate landline and/or cellular service in Phnom Penh and other provincial cities; mobile phone coverage is rapidly expanding in rural areas
domestic: NA
international: country code - 855; adequate but expensive landline and cellular service available to all countries from Phnom Penh and major provincial cities; satellite earth station - 1 Intersputnik (Indian Ocean region)
Radio broadcast stations:AM 2, FM 17, (2003)
Television broadcast stations:7 (2003)
Internet country code:.kh
Internet hosts:1,391 (2002)
Internet users:30,000 (2002)

·
Registered
57 Posts
The city looks much more modernized, clean, organized than I have expected.

I have heard Cambodia's economy has grown rapidly in the recent years(but not as fast as China or Vietnam)
I would beleive it if someone tell me it is located in some much wealtheir AEAN countires (thailand, malaysia, phillipines, etc.)

It doesn't look bad for a country of only around 13 million ppl'

·
Registered
97,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
atom said:
The city look nice,Did you go to Cambodia,nazrey? :)
never sir :)

·
Banned
14,132 Posts
Thank you for this series, Nazrey! :eek:kay:

It is rare that we get to see pictures of Cambodia's capital here :( so they are all the more appreciated, in spite of the emphasis on buildings & structures of telecommunications companies. ;)

For another set of Phnom Penh pictures I suggest you take a look at the photos taken by the Lithuanian forumer Ozelis during his visit to PP about a month ago. You'll find them here -- scroll down to post #29. :)

·
中華民國
2,803 Posts
These are some of the nicer pictures I've seen of Cambodia. It's too bad that English is everywhere instead of the beautiful Cambodian script.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
More influential shock to been seen at the capital, either cultural nor financial from Thailand

Modern and beauty
:)

·
ไทย Amazing Thailand 泰&#2
3,351 Posts
Isan said:
More influential shock to been seen at the capital, either cultural nor financial from Thailand

Modern and beauty
:)
yeah there are so many Thai companies in Cambodia.

·
Iron horse rider dlx
4,278 Posts
kiku99 said:
yeah there are so many Thai companies in Cambodia.
Yup!

Most foreign businesses are Chinese and Vietnamese though, followed by Thai I guess.

About the signs, yes many are in both in English and Khmer but a lot are also in French streets are named rue etc. and many Cambodians speak French as their second language. I guess it's no surprise why it is so huh? :)

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Are there any PhnomPenh's skyline pics ? I wanna know which height level is PhnomPenh in . Can someone show me the best skyline photos of Phnom Penh ?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Can someone post the CBD pics of Phnom Penh as well?

Thank you

1 - 20 of 1792 Posts