Skyscraper City Forum banner

?

1 - 20 of 1288 Posts

·
Manctastic!
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the deleted threads have not been restored yet - thought I would post some updated photos as some people won't have seen in a while...

·
Banned
3,174 Posts
A couple of piccies I took whilst in town...

The cladding is really looking good...

It's hard to tell from photos just how huge the place is, but that building in front needs to go.

·
SSC Member
1,906 Posts
that black cladding is different to what the viel is attached to. Looks like we will see the first glass cladding next week then.

·
Registered
517 Posts
^ Not at all!!!

Any chance of someone posting a rendering here? I wanna know if those diagonal struts at the end of each floor are a temporary/permanent thing

·
Banned
385 Posts
I'm going to try and reserve judgement for now but I really dont like this building at the moment and I feel that its that kind of 'wacky' design that will grab attention for now but everyone will hate in 10-15 years.

/puts on flame proof jacket!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
mrout said:
^ Not at all!!!

Any chance of someone posting a rendering here? I wanna know if those diagonal struts at the end of each floor are a temporary/permanent thing
Temporary

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
NerveAgent said:
I'm going to try and reserve judgement for now but I really dont like this building at the moment and I feel that its that kind of 'wacky' design that will grab attention for now but everyone will hate in 10-15 years.

/puts on flame proof jacket!
I know what you mean, I commented a couple of months ago that some people might say ....'er I'am not so sure now' during its construction.I have thought this myself. Up till now its looked messy but I can see it all coming out in the wash now.I think the finished product will be an excellent building. Have paitience!

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Geeky? Naw. It's inspirational seeing creation in the making. Makes you feel part of 21st century progress that makes the world a better place. Thanks for all the photos fellas, it's coming on a treat. Lookin Good.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
the core nearest john dalton street has been painted black on one side :dunno:

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
It's maybe waterproofing, kids. The two smaller cores are basically on the outside of the building. I think they'll be clad with something black or dark grey.

1 - 20 of 1288 Posts