Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
I think Belgrade is green for a capital city but someone else will post a pic. I'm to lazy.

·
Super Moderator
11,306 Posts
I don't know about Green cities, but I know that if you're looking for the White City, it's Belgrade.
Do we have a Zelengrad in the EE? :D

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
I know that in ex Yugoslavia the geenest city was Sombor that is now in Serbia ! It's also very clean because people from northern Serbia are quite nice and polite :)

I can't find better a pic at the moment!

Every street looks something like this:

It is a really nice town!

·
Banned
27 Posts
Greenest? I guess any city or town in the self-proclaimed Ecological state of Montenegro;)

Its the Slavic answer to Ireland:yes:

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
^^ No way, Sombor has that honour! Read a bit on the internet, and if you have some books of geography of ex yugoslavia! :)

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
source Wikipedia

Sombor is famous for its greenery, cultural life and beautiful 18th and 19th century center. The most important cultural institutions are the National Theater, the Regional Museum, the Modern Art Gallery, the Milan Konjović Art Gallery, the Teacher's College, the Serbian Reading House, and the Grammar School. Teacher's College, founded in 1778, is the oldest college in Serbia and Montenegro and region.

·
Banned
55 Posts
guys, by cities i dont think she meant cities where there is 10 people living. If we do that i'll go find some mountains of Llogara in southern Albania and we'll never be able to judge. Let's post capital cities which are more industrial

and btw igor, wikipedia is not a reliable source for anything.

·
Super Moderator
11,306 Posts
^she? lol
But you're right, the guy is talking about clean big cities.
I think Duckzilla's city of Banja Luka is called the Green City, it's very forested.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
me rrufsh bolet said:
guys, by cities i dont think she meant cities where there is 10 people living. If we do that i'll go find some mountains of Llogara in southern Albania and we'll never be able to judge. Let's post capital cities which are more industrial

and btw igor, wikipedia is not a reliable source for anything.
if there is a city, it cannot be populated by 10 people

And I sent picture of Sombor, because it was the greenest city, in ex yu, by statistics, it was learned in schools like that...

And, my dear, sombor has 100 000 inhabitants ;)

·
Banned
27 Posts
Seriously though, what is meant by "Green" city?
Is it that it has to have a lot of parks & forests or actually promote "green living"? Thing is, probably NO EE city has an extensive recycling system like in the West...here in Toronto, there are millions of blue & green plastic bins for recycling all around the city and indoors, too.

The city has just signed a multi-million dollar deal for 100+ new hybrid, diesel-electric buses to be added to its fleet, making it the first Canadian city to do so.

In EE, Novi Sad recently recieved a few Ikarbus-made eco buses that run on natural gas for a test run.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mi1os said:
Seriously though, what is meant by "Green" city?
Is it that it has to have a lot of parks & forests or actually promote "green living"
Yes I guess which ever city looks greenest. Not really interested in recycling aspect of it.

·
Globetrekker
1,132 Posts
Kyiv. Ask the Doc for photos.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Athens......

oh sorry, thats the bear talking, obviously.

When are we going to have a thread for the Whitest city? :D

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.