Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
18,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clearfield is a borough in central Pennsylvania. It is the seat of Clearfield County and was laid out in 1805. Clearfield has a population of around 6,600.

Houses on Daisy Street at 8th Street.

Buildings on Daisy Street.

A house on Daisy Street.

Another house on Daisy Street.

Businesses on 2nd Street.

Houses on Front Street.

Businesses on Market Street. The old Dimeling Hotel, built in 1904, is on the right.

The Clearfield County Courthouse, at 2nd & Market Streets. The courthouse was built in 1862.

Businesses on 2nd Street.

Buildings on Market Street. The Ritz Theatre, built in 1926 in a structure dating from the 1890s, is on the right.

Businesses on Market Street.

The old Dimeling Hotel, built in 1904 and now a senior assisted living facility, on Market Street at 2nd Street.

Houses on Front Street.

Houses on Williams Street.

·
Buffalo's Worst Nightmare
1,944 Posts
wow... you managed to get two of the most spectacular examples of Insulbrick I've ever seen!

I always thought Clearfield County had one of the more "blah" courthouses in the region.

I like Clearfield though... it does have some "elegance" downtown and along Front St. And it's in a scenic location (especially if you descend from the top of the hill near Penfield 10 miles to the west).

Clearfield is notable for hosting Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, which is famous for its record-breaking huge hamburgers (and delicious "normal" food). Denny's has been featured on Food Network and Travel Channel many times.

Denny and Denny Jr.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
So this is Clearfield, eh? I always wanted to know what this town looked like after hearing about (you guessed it) Denny's Beer Barrel Pub and their monstrosity burgers. Looks like a nice quiet town.

I believe Clearfield is along Interstate 80 somewhere northeast of Pittsburgh.

I have got to get to Denny's Beer Barrel Pub sometime and try a burger.

·
Told you so...
4,014 Posts
Yeah, Clearfield is one of those places PennDOT uses as a control city on I-80, apparently because there just isn't anything else. (Bloomfield being the other, right?) I now know it as the waypoint on my newly preferred SC route where I have to take 322 and 350 to get to I-99. At least they give the little guy some recognition, I've seen pictures of signs just over the border in Ohio which use NYC as the eastbound control. People must just wonder where NYC went when they enter PA.

I have got to get to Denny's sometime and try a burger.
Denny's is a national chain, and although their burgers are definitely good, they're not exactly something to plan a vacation around. :D

·
Old Fart
833 Posts
^ I don't think this is one of those open-all-night Denny"s.

Nice tour Matt. The commercial buildings look to be in pretty good shape. Passed by the Clearfield exit plenty of times, but never got off. So it's nice to actually see the place. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts