SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm just curious as to whats going on in Clearwater Beach right now? I haven't been in town since this past summer, when there were several construction projects going on at the beach. A year has almost passed by, so what's new? What is going on at Clearwater Beach these days?

·
Senior Button Pusher
17,165 Posts
They're discussed in the Pinellas development news thread... The beach is pretty much going to be redefined over the next 5-7 years, with numerous old motels getting torn down and replaced with new condos and resort hotels. The city is also redeveloping part of the beach so that it includes a 1/2 mile "beachwalk" linear park type of thing. It will definitely be an improvement over the rundown and dated place it was becoming.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does anyone know what is going on with the "bridge"? Its been a while since i have heard any news about this folly.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^Yeah same here. Were they supposed to tear it down again?

Nice to see Clearwater Beach is being redeveloped. I assume that 1/2 beachwalk will go from the Adam's Mark to the pier. Should be nice!

Man I miss the Bay Area!

·
Registered
72 Posts
^I will only belive its open when i see cars going over it. Damn, i need to head down to Clearwater beach soon, i have not been there since last november.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts