SkyscraperCity Forum banner

#Club Med Tinley Manor - Beach Resort - Tinley Manor North Coast - Planned

8639 Views 29 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Michael Robert
The KZN (and indeed South African) hotel mix has always had a glaring gap, beach resorts. Tongaat Hulett have been pushing for this to change and partnered with the KZN government to get certain legalities out of the way.

Tinley Manor is surrounded by sugar cane fields owned by Tongaat Hulett, and they have set aside two land parcels for resort development. Both face the ocean and the river mouth.

Club Med Tinley Manor is the first proposed beach resort for the area. It is 25min from King Shaka international airport and about an hour from downtown Durban. Perfect distance to be out of the city, but in spitting distance still.

This is one to watch.

Architects: Craft of Architecture

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Coa are the architects on this one (same guys doing uMhlanga Arch)
ANyone with any updates on this project?

With the pandemic (effect on Club Med) & corruption (effect on Tongaat), I wonder if this is still going ahead? Has there been any kind of contruction work?
No construction work on site yet.

I think there is still a lot of planning before they can get construction going. They have been surveying the land in the last few months.
ANyone with any updates on this project?

With the pandemic (effect on Club Med) & corruption (effect on Tongaat), I wonder if this is still going ahead? Has there been any kind of contruction work?
There is alot of infrastructure that needs to be put in place to service the site before it is ready. It is in the middle of nowhere and off the grid. So all of that needs to be there.
Well since this post is from someone working at Club Med, and posted only 1 week ago... it seems this is still very much on track

The 2022 opening date sounds optimistic but here an article from last week

Has this resort started construction.
I can confirm that building plans have not been submitted yet. Might still be at SDP
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.