SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1896 Posts

·
20,876 Posts
I request to rename the thread as

"Coimbatore - Malls/Multiplex/Entertainment Updates"(more standard usage terms in SSCI) instead of having Hangout/Weekend get away.

Let us take to mods if everyone agrees.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Valparai

Malabar giant squirrel at Valparai

Aliyar Dam

Valparai Tea estates

Sholayar Dam

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Road from Valparai to Chalakudi(Athirapalli waterfalls)

Peringalkuthu Dam (Sholayar to Athirapalli)

big Millipede at valparai

Indian giant squirrel

Falls near Athirapalli

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Indian Monkey at topslip

Common Muntjac(barking deer) at topslip

Peacock at topslip

Dancing peacock at topslip

Largest living teak tree(Kanimara teak) 300 years old at parambikulam

Wild elephants at parambikulam

Black monkey at Parambikulam

spotted deer at parambikulam

Bison at Topslip

wild boar at topslip

common langur at topslip

Thunakadavu Dam at Parambikulam

Parambikulam dam

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Hats off guys!! Fantastic photos!!

@Karthikarthik.... dude ur HD photo was my personal favourite. It looks a shot from PCSriram's camera. I loved the pictures. U could try to send these photos to NG TV.

Once again..... thank you guys. Thank you for sharing the photos!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good initiative nonamio. Excellent Photos. Thanks to Senthil, Dhanapani and Karthik. Just a suggestion, as a localite, we all know these places very well around cbe. If you guys provide more details like approx. distance from Coimbatore City, Route, Best Season to visit etc...along with snaps, it will be useful for the first time vistors.

This is Pilloor Dam, Bhavani River - Located in a place called Baralikadu near Karamadai - Famous for coracle ride and trekking on the foothills of Nilgiris

Distance from Coimbatore City - 70 Kms
Route : Coimbatore- Karamadai - Velliankadu- Athikkadavu - Baralikadu
Visting time : Only week ends and Public holidays
Reservation: Required from Forest Dept. Contact number 0422-2302925
Bus facility - Limited. Only two buses available from Karamadai.

Picture Crtsy - sundarm's profile

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I request to rename the thread as

"Coimbatore - Malls/Multiplex/Entertainment Updates"(more standard usage terms in SSCI) instead of having Hangout/Weekend get away.

Let us take to mods if everyone agrees.
A strong -1 (Minus 1) :lol:

Malls / Multiplexes / Movie halls are NOT weekend getaways:) Lot of people have a notion that CBE doesn't have a good outdoor weekend getaway place which I strongly object to. If we strictly limit this thread to Forest preserves, Parks, Museums, Dams, Waterfalls and Historical sites we don't have to dig thru between Restaurants and Malls to find valuable information.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Also instead of just posting photos, I would suggest to to append information like "How to get there?", "Facilities available on the outdoor location" etc.,

As I mentioned in the Coimbatore infrastructure thread, I am still in the priliminary stages of putting together a powerpoint presentation to improve Western Ghats, Forest preserves etc., at CBE. Those info will be valuable for me too while coming up with that.

1 - 20 of 1896 Posts