SkyscraperCity banner

2661 - 2680 of 2716 Posts

·
The Boss
246 Posts
Its not an IT Company. Its car door manufacturing company and I guess, this is their second plant in Coimbatore. They choose Saravanampatti to have their Manufacturing Unit.
They had IT (only for their needs) & BPO Company (named KGHirotec) in KGISL campus ..not sure still its continuing there. Below is the links to previous news

https://www.thehindu.com/business/Industry/hirotec-invests-rs40-crore-in-coimbatore/article6427272.ece

https://www.niir.org/directory/contact/251990/kghirotec-engineering-services-private-limited.html

·
Registered
196 Posts
How many seats can this new Wipro building accommodate?

Wipro totally constructing 5,00,000-sq.ft building's in the ELCOT SEZ, Coimbatore, which will have at-least 3 blocks or more to reach 5,00,000-sq.ft.

SDB-1 block area is 1,59,732 sq.ft & SDB-2 block area is 1,59,732 sq.ft. So total area of SDB -1 & SDB -2 will be 3,19,464 sq.ft buildings.

Hope Block-3 construction starts soon. Each block can accommodate minimum 1200+.

Total headcount is expected to be around 3500 once 5,00,000-sq.ft total area is operational which will also have Utility Services (for example Cafeteria,Boutiques, ATMS, Gym, Medical facility, Creches...etc.) in it.

Initially they had 10,000 headcount for Coimbatore campus due to heavy traffic in Chennai. But due to building height restrictions in ELCOT SEZ-Coimbatore headcount came down.

·
cbe admirer
361 Posts
Wipro totally constructing 5,00,000-sq.ft building's in the ELCOT SEZ, Coimbatore, which will have at-least 3 blocks or more to reach 5,00,000-sq.ft.

SDB-1 block area is 1,59,732 sq.ft & SDB-2 block area is 1,59,732 sq.ft. So total area of SDB -1 & SDB -2 will be 3,19,464 sq.ft buildings.

Hope Block-3 construction starts soon. Each block can accommodate minimum 1200+.

Total headcount is expected to be around 3500 once 5,00,000-sq.ft total area is operational which will also have Utility Services (for example Cafeteria,Boutiques, ATMS, Gym, Medical facility, Creches...etc.) in it.

Initially they had 10,000 headcount for Coimbatore campus due to heavy traffic in Chennai. But due to building height restrictions in ELCOT SEZ-Coimbatore headcount came down.
Whats the reason for building height restriction.Cant it be approved by CMDA.

·
cbe admirer
361 Posts
Airport is the reason for height restriction, even Tidel Park was modified from earlier design. CMDA is for Chennai not CBE.
Thanks for your info senthilnatha.pardon my ignorance.but i have seen highrises being build within the vicinity of chennai and blore airports.Then why cant we at cbe.Also i knows that CMDA stands for chennai metropolitan development authority .but once i heard that special buildings with above certain square fts area shall be approved by CMDA.only so i mentioned it.

·
Coimbatore Well-Wisher
4,882 Posts
Thanks for your info senthilnatha.pardon my ignorance.but i have seen highrises being build within the vicinity of chennai and blore airports.Then why cant we at cbe.Also i knows that CMDA stands for chennai metropolitan development authority .but once i heard that special buildings with above certain square fts area shall be approved by CMDA.only so i mentioned it.
ELCOT SEZ is very near to Terminal and runway, but you can see high rise hotels in Chinniyampalayam. AAI have general standards across India to give NOC.

·
Registered
196 Posts
L&T MBDA Missile Systems sets up missile integration facility in Tamil Nadu

"LTMMSL has set up the assembly, 'inert' integration (without explosives) and testing facility for missile sub-systems and missile weapon launch systems spread across an area of 16,000 sq meter in a special economic zone at Coimbatore," Larsen & Toubro (L&T) said in a regulatory filing.

Engineering and construction major Larsen & Toubro on Monday said its joint venture with European defence major MBDA Missile Systems -- L&T MBDA Missile Systems (LTMMSL), has set up a missile integration facility in Tamil Nadu. "LTMMSL has set up the assembly, 'inert' integration (without explosives) and testing facility for missile sub-systems and missile weapon launch systems spread across an area of 16,000 sq meter in a special economic zone at Coimbatore," Larsen & Toubro(L&T) said in a regulatory filing.

'Inert' refers to systems integration process without explosive component of the missile systems being handled at the facility.

Founded in 2017, LTMMSL has received a few export orders and the new facility shall start delivering weapon systems using test equipment such as missile launchers and airframe segments, including control actuation units, from calendar year 2020, the filing added.

L&T owns 51 per cent stake in the JV, while the rest 49 per cent is owned by by the European partner.

MBDA is 37.5% held by Airbus SE, 37.5 by BAE Systems and 25% by Leonardo.

The joint venture will also build missile systems for the Indian armed forces.

"L&T MBDA Missile Systems has been working proactively to offer advanced missiles and missile systems to the Indian Armed Forces through domestic production. The creation of this new integration facility at Coimbatore is a first step in this direction. We are showcasing some of these next-gen offerings at the DEFEXP020 to be held at Lucknow," said J D Patil, Chairman L&T MBDA Missile Systems.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Airport is the reason for height restriction, even Tidel Park was modified from earlier design. CMDA is for Chennai not CBE.
There are lots of vacant land on the west side of CBE after Vadavalli. NO developments are planned in this area.. no airport and can build tall buildings :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Robert Bosch new unit in Kalapatti.^^^^^^
Bad choice of location :bash:, not sure why they started here when there was enough vacant lands around already existing Keeranatham facility.

These days unwanted traffic control by Police officers are creating 2kms of block. Today morning I had to deviate and go back to my home as the traffic block was too worst. I wish these traffic controlling guys stay away.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
There are lots of vacant land on the west side of CBE after Vadavalli. NO developments are planned in this area.. no airport and can build tall buildings :)
vacant land is either owned by Bharathiar University or Anna university. Rest of the land is owned by Private parties. Pvt land may be costly for Govt in that area. Instead land is cheap in the southern side like Madukkarai, Chettipalayam, Sulur etc.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Embedded openings in Coimbatore.

If any of your friends looking for embedded jobs in Coimbatore as Bosch external, please let me know. Multiple openings are there.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Job description: more than one year experience in Automotive Embedded development or testing... Embedded C. Vector testing tools... More openings in embedded testing side. Location Coimbatore or Bangalore as preferred by the associate.

2661 - 2680 of 2716 Posts