SkyscraperCity banner

2781 - 2800 of 2804 Posts

·
cbe admirer
1,131 Posts
Do anyone heard this Bushido Towers? Its an IT Park.
It's near to hanudev IT park and hindustan hospitals on masakalipalayam road.
Think it's not an IT space but its office space where Swiggy etc have their operations.pls correct me if iam wrong

·
Cbe Lover
1,312 Posts
It's near to hanudev IT park and hindustan hospitals on masakalipalayam road.
Think it's not an IT space but its office space where Swiggy etc have their operations.pls correct me if iam wrong
Not masakalipalayam road. It’s meena estate road from nava India

·
Registered
222 Posts
Two to three IT parks underconstuction around the city but any big players planning to enter our city this year apart from Cognizant BOSCH and Wipro that we have now.?

·
Registered
231 Posts
MEPZ Minutes of metting from May-2020 to Jan-2021

1. Eagle Quest International setting up new unit in TIDEL Park Coimbatore

2. Sunquest information systems merged with Atlas helcare in CHIL SEZ. So name changed to Sunquest information systems

3. Digital nirvana setting up new unit in Indialand Techpark at CHIL SEZ

4. Additional space taken by information Evoluation in TIDEL Park Coimbatore

5. Bosch setting up special lab at CHIL SEZ

6. Business trasfer agreement between Skava Systems at Tidel Park Coimbatore and Infosys approved

7. Comprehend acquring additional space of 20 seats at tidel park Coimbatore

8. Span SEZ requested for approval for buliding contruction for IT/ITS development for Rs.520.89 lakh

9. Techardors Global acquirng additional space TIDEL Park Coimbatore

10. UBS cloud privae limited new unit in TIDEL Park Coimbatore

11. Vista Engineeing solutions acquirng additional space TIDEL Park Coimbatore

12. Enthu Technolgy seeting new unit at TIDEL Park Coimbatore

14. Comprend settng 20 seats at TIDEL Park Coimbatore

15.Waveonline Infosway Setting new unit at Indialand

16. Indialand is setting up Gym and fitness center in 2500 Sq.ft

17. Merrill technolgy services name changed to Toppan Merrill technolgy

18. Acidus management new unit at TIDEL Park Coimbatore

19 Coda software name changed to Presidio Solutions private limtied at Indialand Techpark

20 ERS Infromation systems taking new space at TIDEL Park Coimbatore

21 Acidus additioanlspace for 57 seats TIDEL Park Coimbatore

22. Verticurl acquirng 25,042 space in Tower-B of Indialand

List of surrendered Space

1. Zan Computech surrendered 20 seats at TIDEL Park Coimbatore
2. Quintessence business solutions surrendered 77 Seats at TIDEL Park Coimbatore
3. Statestreet HCL surrendered some office space around 9,648 Sq.ft at TIDEL Park Coimbatore
4. Shlok Inforamtion systems surrender 23 seats at TIDEL Park Coimbatore
5. Cloud asset surrendered 16 seats at TIDEL Park Coimbatore
6. Cameron surrendered 146 seats at TIDEL Park Coimbatore
7.Bosch surrendered around 74,962 space at new block-C at Indialand techpark
8. Alia Premedia surrenders around 16,000 + 3400 Sq.ft in Span SEZ

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is statestreet/HCL ramping down in coimbatore ?
SPAN SEZ is highly underutilized and 5.2 crore building seem to be very less
I don't think statestreet hcl is vacating tidel park. I believe they had taken space close to 90 thousand sq.ft and in that only around 9000 sq.ft surrendered.

In Chennai statestreet hcl surrendered close to 97,000 sq.ft.

·
Native
40 Posts
I got a chance to talk to a director level management guy in CGI (Canada based IT service firm). Seems, there was a serious thought about opening a new office at Coimbatore some years before. There was an internal employee level poll also (on how many are ready to move to Coimbatore) and there was a good response from Coimbatore region and kerala based employees also. It was got eventually cancelled just during and after the Jallikattu protest as there was some apprehension expressed regarding the possible disruptions in the entire TN region. Now, almost all the mgmt guys and project sparks are made sure shift to Bangalore office from Chennai offices(Seems a new office in Nalapad expanded) for this specific reason. This is after the concerns raised by clients.

Existing Chennai office survived with less employees but Coimbatore lost out completely.

Its a big lose.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I think it is bit of exaggeration here there might be lot of other reasons including management politics in location preference. Jallikattu was like 2-3 years before, at that time there was also political instability shown as a reason for not many expansions. It is either this or that. In fact even Bangalore sees too many one-off incidents like kaveri issue n other bandhs which sometimes makes the entire city stand still while TN faces very less bandhs and even many national bandhs r total failure. Client normally dont create hue and cry for such one off incidents (i'm in client facing role), as these are factored in their Risks of outsourcing to countries like India. Flood situation was the one which worried most clientele in Chennai. L&O problems are least quoted for TN for outsourcing/Dev centres etc.
I think the business case for cbe was little on the edge, and this reason was used to push to expand existing location (may be some senior level wanted it so)
Coimbatore attracts companies for low cost, better talent , stable environment, better standard of living for a tier 2 city and low attrition. Where it looses out is the opportunities front or quick jumping to other orgs, this becomes huge problem for mid-level management fellas /finding similar roles for their spouses etc.
We have to see how this covid and remote working going to shape this space.

Hope CGI comes to cbe one day!!

just my 2 cents.

·
Native
40 Posts
Coimbatore attracts companies for low cost, better talent , stable environment, better standard of living for a tier 2 city and low attrition. Where it looses out is the opportunities front or quick jumping to other orgs, this becomes huge problem for mid-level management fellas /finding similar roles for their spouses etc.
We have to see how this covid and remote working going to shape this space.

Hope CGI comes to cbe one day!!

just my 2 cents.
I myself facing this issue now. Hardly getting a single opening for my profile in Coimbatore.

Every one including the companies know wfh is just a temporary forced thing.
In IT development, the best mode of communication is face to face with team spirit and self organizing.
I can see my team is productive (relatively) but losing out in communication and self organizing recently. We may not like it, but co locating the development team is the correct and best way to work in agile way (just my humble opinion). For support(both tech and non tech) which does not involve constant evolving may thrive in WFH environment.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Coimbatore will need many more years and at least another 2-3 IT majors setting up shop here for things to improve. Ecosystem development is hard to develop. Coimbatore lags Pune, Chennai by 10-15 years in kickstarting IT ecosystem play. Consistent ignoring and non focus development of IT across the state has made a no true second rung city in this space. Imagine had TN govt focused on Tidel park, and IT SEZ with much rigor in cbe first before going to other tier-2s?
Something akin to metro rail system being played out - ask for metro in all cities and towns and we end up with a skim version 20 years later

·
Registered
Cbe Citizen
267 Posts
State to sign 28 MoUs worth ₹28,000 crore

The State government will sign 28 memoranda of understanding (MoU) on Tuesday for projects envisaging investments around ₹28,000 crore.

Among the projects is one by Tata Electronics, envisaging an investment of around ₹5,300 crore in Krishnagiri district and generation of employment opportunities for 18,250 persons.

It pertains to the manufacture of mobile phone components.

The Pegatron Corporation of Taiwan will set up a mobile phone manufacturing unit in Chengalpattu district on an investment of ₹1,100 crore in the first phase, and create about 14,000 jobs. Another phase has also been proposed.

The MoUs will be signed in the presence of Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami. The event will also feature the inauguration of 13 projects, such as the TICEL Park in Coimbatore and the laying of foundation for industrial estates.

Policy documents will be unveiled on the occasion for major industries and micro, small and medium enterprises.

2781 - 2800 of 2804 Posts