Epitome of Enterprise
2,570 Posts

·
Epitome of Enterprise
2,570 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Saw the news of new mall in cbe on a Instagram post..not sure about its authenticity. Googled and find this link.if any body knows can shed some light on this.
I believe we have already heard about this one right. I guess the construction is in progress and we may expect the Broadway mall to open in year/2.

Considering their domain name activity , i feel the project is still alive and much likely to be completed.

Domain Name: bmplco.in
Registrar URL: www.godaddy.com

Updated Date: 2020-09-05 T06:00:18Z Creation Date: 2019-09-19 T11:23:25Z

Registry Expiry Date:2021-09-19T11:23:25Z Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

·
Native
34 Posts
If Work from home continues for another one year, then i feel real estate would plummet like anything. Particularly the saravanampatti area, rent has been halved in many houses, but still not even getting enquires.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
If you re worried about cbe, think of our metro cities chennai, bangalore etc. If wfh is as affecting as u say, then the effect will be very less compared to bigger cities. If at all anything to go by, tier 2 cities like cbe will benefit to some extent due to reverse migration. Rentals are another story - this is bound to fall or has fallen across all the cities due to covid/wfh

·
Native
34 Posts
If you re worried about cbe, think of our metro cities chennai, bangalore etc. If wfh is as affecting as u say, then the effect will be very less compared to bigger cities. If at all anything to go by, tier 2 cities like cbe will benefit to some extent due to reverse migration. Rentals are another story - this is bound to fall or has fallen across all the cities due to covid/wfh
Im currently in Bangalore, here also the same problem with respect to rent.
In the long run, this WFH may kill many auxilary busineses like services, local transport and realestate.

Thankfully bangalore has a long and unplanned growth, so its like losing unwanted fat from body(though temporarily).

But cbe, growth in IT is in budding state for at least a decade (Slow Growth) and there is no unwanted fat to lose.

Reverse migration is good, only if the business itself migrating to tier 2 cities . Not just the employees.

641 - 660 of 702 Posts