SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
who said KOCHI is bigger?.which aspect is it bigger?.population is 2.2 million for KOCHI-UA whereas for coimbatore it is 2.5 million.it has only higher malls than kovai
In paper Kochi is small in reality Kochi is much bigger than Coimbatore.

I will explain...

Kochi Airport: 87,36,061(Latest)
Coimbatore Airport: Around 17 Lakh

Kochi Airport is 5 times busier than Coimbatore. Upon completion of T3. Kochi Airport terminal will be the 3rd largest terminal in India.

Now you will say it is because of NRI's Blah Blah...

37,64,640 is the domestic traffic in Kochi. Which alone is twice bigger than Coimbatore's overall traffic.

Railways Revenue:

Coimbatore is served by, One A1 grade and 2 B or C grade stations :

Coimbatore Jn: 185.84 Crore
Podanur:NA
Coimbatore North:NA
Mettupalayam :13.77

Around 200 crore totally

Only Coimbatore Jn lists in Railway redevelopment program so the revenue from Podanur and North should be negligible.

While Kochi is served by 1 A1 grade and 2 A grade stations...

Ernakulam Jn: 158.1
Ernakulam North: 62.31
Aluva (Greater Kochi regions): 54.21

I am neglecting smaller stations like Edappally, Angamali etc. even though they are comparable with Coimbatore North and Podanur...

Totally: Around 275 crores, Kochi is the second highest revenue earning region of southern railways despite being neglected by it.

Still feeling Kochi is smaller...??

Kochi has a huge floating population... Several times higher than Coimbatore...

There are more than 15 Lakh migrant laborers in Kochi.

Kochi is so compolitan that now its essential to know hindi to survive in Kochi.

There are reasons for large number of malls in Kochi. Kochi is large enough for these many malls....

Even after coming of Lulu all other malls are still surviving......

·
Coimbatore Well-Wisher
4,882 Posts
Thanks for your stupid argument(s).. Please see the real meaning of stupid before you react for the word.

Airport - Everyone agree Kochi have bigger airport and we are also blaming TN govt for the current state of CBE airport.
Railways - Why revenue details is NA for Podanur and CBE North and also will Pollachi will be back after new works. If u add Aluva and then Tirupur also need to be added. In future u guys will add entire Kerala into Greater Kochi and declare it's the biggest city in India.
Kochi has a huge floating population... Several times higher than Coimbatore... - Come to CBE and see the floating population especially from Kerala to CBE. one best eg. Studies and foundries
There are more than 15 Lakh migrant laborers in Kochi. - So u say local people only 7 lakhs and remaining are migrant laborers, very poor combination for a so called city.
Kochi is so compolitan that now its essential to know hindi to survive in Kochi. - Please correct the word cosmopolitan first and this is the funniest argument I have ever seen. Knowing Hindi is not a cosmopolitan, if so UP and MP will be the developed state in India. CBE is Cosmopolitan for a long period, because of people migrated to do business from AP, Kar, Ker, Guj, Mah, Sindhi, Raj, (Bengal & Orissa added now) etc.. The Cosmopolitan Club was build by British due to its nature of the citizens.

Please stop this type of arguments in CBE thread first and keep away. Don't reply for 2013 message in 2017.
To conclude - CBE and KOC are in same level in national radar and ratings with it's own strengths and weakness.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks for your stupid argument(s).. Please see the real meaning of stupid before you react for the word.

Airport - Everyone agree Kochi have bigger airport and we are also blaming TN govt for the current state of CBE airport.
Railways - Why revenue details is NA for Podanur and CBE North and also will Pollachi will be back after new works. If u add Aluva and then Tirupur also need to be added. In future u guys will add entire Kerala into Greater Kochi and declare it's the biggest city in India.
Kochi has a huge floating population... Several times higher than Coimbatore... - Come to CBE and see the floating population especially from Kerala to CBE. one best eg. Studies and foundries
There are more than 15 Lakh migrant laborers in Kochi. - So u say local people only 7 lakhs and remaining are migrant laborers, very poor combination for a so called city.

Kochi is so compolitan that now its essential to know hindi to survive in Kochi. - Please correct the word cosmopolitan first and this is the funniest argument I have ever seen. Knowing Hindi is not a cosmopolitan, if so UP and MP will be the developed state in India. CBE is Cosmopolitan for a long period, because of people migrated to do business from AP, Kar, Ker, Guj, Mah, Sindhi, Raj, (Bengal & Orissa added now) etc.. The Cosmopolitan Club was build by British due to its nature of the citizens.

Please stop this type of arguments in CBE thread first and keep away. Don't reply for 2013 message in 2017.
To conclude - CBE and KOC are in same level in national radar and ratings with it's own strengths and weakness.

I can find these kind of stupid comparisons everywhere that's why I responded.... Back in my days in Coimbatore, Kochi was always an eyesore for coimbatore people... I know you guys are neglected by your government. If you have some grudge take it on with Chennai.

By the way Aluva is an Integral part of Kochi. Kochi metro starts from Aluva. Kochi airport is located in Aluva taluk. Aluva railway station is just 15 Km away from Ernakulam junction. By the way Tirupur is a different district. Also even if you add tirupur still you can't catch up. And it is 50 Km away from CBE. What you made is a ridiculous argument.:nuts: I still added mettupalayam which is a whole different place. Podanur and CBE north are small stations. It will have revenues less than 2 or 3 crores combined.....

Also Before Bangalore, Kochi would have been the second metropolitan city in South India. Just because of the carelessness of Kerala govt. we missed the opportunity.

I still remind you In paper Kochi is small. In reality it is much bigger. Even Lulu mall is outside city limits. Its tax goes to Kalamassery muncipality. Not Kochi corporation. Also floating population is not registered in any directories.... 15 lakh people I said earlier does not come in the total population of the cities. They don't have ration card or Voting rights in Kochi.

I said Kochi is cosmopolitan not just because of hindi speaking people. Kochi has Tamils, Telugus, Gujarathi etc. Even Kochi has Italian, Jew, German populations....

By the way no offence. Just couldn't stand the words Kochi is smaller than coimbatore.....

·
Coimbatore Well-Wisher
4,882 Posts
Good joke. Whether u made ridiculous arguments or me? Will Just answer for Railways comments. Tirupur is 40 kms from CBE and its entry point starts from 20 kms near Avinashi. We split the bigger cities into two for admin purpose and you guys add entire state into one city.. That's the difference. :nuts:

U have too many blind spots and cracked the best joke of the decade. Best eg. is Kochi should have been second metro in South India than Bangalore and HYD... Kochi will be metro only in SSC bcoz of the super special mods from your state. Finally, it looks u r in different level of blindness.. No point in arguing with you any more. Just see my previous in RED and give respect to it. Please keep away and discuss these in your city threads so that no one will reply for it.

:nuts::lol:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Good joke. Whether u made ridiculous arguments or me? Will Just answer for Railways comments. Tirupur is 40 kms from CBE and its entry point starts from 20 kms near Avinashi. We split the bigger cities into two for admin purpose and you guys add entire state into one city.. That's the difference. :nuts:

U have too many blind spots and cracked the best joke of the decade. Best eg. is Kochi should have been second metro in South India than Bangalore and HYD... Kochi will be metro only in SSC bcoz of the super special mods from your state. Finally, it looks u r in different level of blindness.. No point in arguing with you any more. Just see my previous in RED and give respect to it. Please keep away and discuss these in your city threads so that no one will reply for it.

:nuts::lol:
Add erode too... Then Coimbatore region will be bigger.. Kerala is one highly decentralised state. Each district has its own identity... Unlike TN it's either Chennai or Coimbatore...
Aluva, Kochi belongs in the same district. Unlike Tiruppur and Coimbatore.... Which are different districts...

For the second part.. Check your facts first....

That said.... Burn as Chennai flourishes and peek into other states and when some project comes there talk all bull shit that we deserve better than them.... We never does that.....

·
Kandeeban
1,264 Posts
So what if its a different district. Thats the TN model.
Even NCR is a blend of cities based in Delhi, Haryana and UP (different states if you see)
If you have ever been to Coimbatore, you will notice that its a continuum. Coimbatore slowly becomes Mettupalayam without a break in between. On the other side, it merges with Pollachi. On a different direction the urban stretch between Coimbatore, New Tiruppur , Sulur, Avinashi is one huge agglomeration.
Its wrong to suggest that other cities have no identity. Each district has its own identity in TN.
And moreover, in terms of number of jobs created, the whole of Kerala cannot stand beside the districts of Kongu Nadu. Kochi has its positives, but its gonna be more like Bangalore model of development by crippling the towns and cities around it in the longer term

·
Registered
252 Posts
It's actually great that there are various towns/cities near Coimbatore which are growing separately and does not come under Coimbatore corporation ! If you compare Chennai, It's Chennai right from Ennore to Gummidipoondi to Sriperumbudur to Chengalpet to Mahabalipuram ! In future, I think Tirupur could grow into a bigger satellite city of Coimbatore like a Navi Mumbai or Gurgaon !

·
karthikeyan
18 Posts
In paper Kochi is small in reality Kochi is much bigger than Coimbatore.

I will explain...

Kochi Airport: 87,36,061(Latest)
Coimbatore Airport: Around 17 Lakh

Kochi Airport is 5 times busier than Coimbatore. Upon completion of T3. Kochi Airport terminal will be the 3rd largest terminal in India.

Now you will say it is because of NRI's Blah Blah...

37,64,640 is the domestic traffic in Kochi. Which alone is twice bigger than Coimbatore's overall traffic.

Railways Revenue:

Coimbatore is served by, One A1 grade and 2 B or C grade stations :

Coimbatore Jn: 185.84 Crore
Podanur:NA
Coimbatore North:NA
Mettupalayam :13.77

Around 200 crore totally

Only Coimbatore Jn lists in Railway redevelopment program so the revenue from Podanur and North should be negligible.

While Kochi is served by 1 A1 grade and 2 A grade stations...

Ernakulam Jn: 158.1
Ernakulam North: 62.31
Aluva (Greater Kochi regions): 54.21

I am neglecting smaller stations like Edappally, Angamali etc. even though they are comparable with Coimbatore North and Podanur...

Totally: Around 275 crores, Kochi is the second highest revenue earning region of southern railways despite being neglected by it.

Still feeling Kochi is smaller...??

Kochi has a huge floating population... Several times higher than Coimbatore...

There are more than 15 Lakh migrant laborers in Kochi.

Kochi is so compolitan that now its essential to know hindi to survive in Kochi.

There are reasons for large number of malls in Kochi. Kochi is large enough for these many malls....

Even after coming of Lulu all other malls are still surviving......
You Mean London is big just because it has got heathrow, better railway, Tube and Pod and Mumbai is smaller. Go home Bro..

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Why are we arguing with an ill informed person?

We've clarified his assumptions. It's up to him to either accept reality or continue faking his "assumptions". Guys from there have never been able to accept CBE's growth have they

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Wishlist for Kovai - 2020

1. Western Bye-pass road - Approved | Pre-construction
2. RingRoad (Karur - Kovai Greenfields Express way) - Approved | Feasibility Studies
3. Kovai Metro - Approved | Feasibility Studies
4. Defence Corrider - Approved | Feasibility Studies
5. Integrated Bus Stand - Under Construction
6. Renew Railway stations & run Circular Trains to Sub-urbs - No Progress
7. Acendaz IT Park - No progress
8. Bosch IT park - Completed
9. Hanudev IT park - Completed
10. AC IT park Kalapatti - Ready to construct
11. 9 KMS elevated Corrider in Avinashi Road - Approved | Feasibility Studies
12. EV Buses - In progress
13. Air Condition buses - No progress
14. Life to lakes - 90% completed for all 9 lakes within the city
15. Kovai - Pollachi Road Expansion with Concrete roads - 90% completed
16. Kovai - Mettupalayam Road Expansion - 40% completed
17. New Road from Kerala and North Coimbatore to Mettupalayam along the western ghats - Preliminary talks
18. L&T Byepass Road expansion & Elevated corridor - In Talks
19. Ukkadam Flyover - 70%
20. Gandhipuram and 100 Feet Flyovers - Completed
21. GN mills Flyover - 30%
22. Trichy Road Flyover - 60%
23. Coimbatore city to Mysore city Road expansion via Sathy Road - Approved | Feasibility Study
24. Airport Expansion Land Acquisition - 50%
25. Codissia Industrial Park - No Progress
26. Avarampalayam ROB - 50%
27. Podanur - Pollachi Broadguage conversion - Completed
28. Industrial parks proposed in Kaniyur, Chettipalayam - No progress
29. Multi-level car parks - Status unknown
30. Mega Zoo - No progress
32. Mega Botonical Garden - No progress
33. Planatorium - No Progress
34. Cycling track in kurichi Lake - In progress
35. New Parks and riverwalks parks near lakes - In progress
36. Mega Science Park - No progress

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have a whishlist:

1. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMOVE traffic controlling police out of Kalappatty circle. Whenever they are there it is a huge block, that too in kilometers.

2. Please remove police also from the Tagore road, junction which goes to CMS college and the one joins to Sathy Road near Siva hospital.

Really irritating.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts