SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 6504 Posts

·
20,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

Pls post road construction and other infrastructure related updates in this thread.

We can de-congest the main thread and it will be easy to track the update in sparate thread.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
During Tamil confrence, many scheme roads were announced for development. Corp proposed 60+ scheme roads for the future of CBE. I think only 3 or 4 were developed. Can someone come with the brief list or is it available in Master plan?

Any update on Western ring road? Whether it is dropped?

NHAI Status on Bypass road starting from Sulur to Narasimanaikenpalayam?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Are you talking about the one that starts off at Kovaipudur (palakad road) connecting MTP and Thadagam road? I didn't see or hear any news after its announcement in 2010.

Ring road pottutharomnu nalla kaadhula ringu matturanuva.

·
Coimbatore Well-Wisher
4,882 Posts
During Tamil confrence, many scheme roads were announced for development. Corp proposed 60+ scheme roads for the future of CBE. I think only 3 or 4 were developed. Can someone come with the brief list or is it available in Master plan?

NHAI Status on Bypass road starting from Sulur to Narasimanaikenpalayam?
I heard that survey work is going on for western ring road... My friend said that highways already complated their area marking for this... State govt will help them to acquire the land. This will take atleast one year to start the project.

Sulur - N S Palayam ==> Land acquisition is delaying the kick-off. Six months back they said this will start by Jun-Jul'11. It looks they didnt get a auspicious date to start this project!!!! Actually this project should have commenced before NH-47 - 6 lane work...

·
Coimbatore loves me
6,614 Posts
CM to decide bigger waste plant today

CM to decide bigger waste plant today...

A final decision on setting up a solid waste treatment plant in Kochi will be taken at a high-level meeting convened by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in Thiruvananthapuram on Tuesday.

“The plan is to construct a plant with more capacity, so that waste from neighbouring panchayats can also be processed. We plan to set up the plant on the lines of the one in Coimbatore,” said Mayor Tony Chammany.

A team comprising the Mayor, health standing committee chairman T.K. Ashraff, town planning committee chairman K.J. Sohan and opposition leader K.J. Jacob had visited Coimbatore to study the plant there and report its functioning to the state government. “The plant there is similar to Brahmapuram. Only that it has more capacity,” said Ashraff, adding, “We don’t want to repeat mistakes. We’ve enough land at Brahmapuram to construct a new plant. We may also visit similar plants in Chennai and Mumbai before inviting expression of interest.”

Replicating the 600-acre Coimbatore plant that processes in the open, however, may be tough as Brahmapuram is a thickly populated area close to Kadamprayar river and SmartCity.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/cities/kochi/cm-decide-bigger-waste-plant-today-772

1 - 20 of 6504 Posts