SkyscraperCity banner

7961 - 7980 of 8084 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Nothing against your post just for the info

Apart 3 lakh sqft additional space under tender stage.
The impact made by TIDEL in CBE IT devolopments (arrival of private IT parks)
A small change - coimbatore had pvt IT parks even before this Tidel park came into reality after a delay of 10 years by which cbe lost years of head start among tier 2 cities. And secondly, TN govt started proactively pushing IT dev/parks across the states and there was no special concentrated effort in cbe like you claim. So this is more or less similar to jnnurm, smart city work only ..
If at all anything TN govt successfully pushed HCL, Syntel to south n trying to push Infosys to trichy n TCS to hosur.. Yenapa cbe ku pananaga ?
BHEL created a huge ecosystem in trichy and it became a fabrication capital of state - so don't reduce it to 1000 engineers n hundreds of workers. And you are comparing CIT to NIT.. sir please :) Regardless of the govt, from the beginning all the govts. has pushed central institutions to trichy citing centre of state etc.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
A small change - coimbatore had pvt IT parks even before this Tidel park came into reality after a delay of 10 years by which cbe lost years of head start among tier 2 cities. And secondly, TN govt started proactively pushing IT dev/parks across the states and there was no special concentrated effort in cbe like you claim. So this is more or less similar to jnnurm, smart city work only ..
If at all anything TN govt successfully pushed HCL, Syntel to south n trying to push Infosys to trichy n TCS to hosur.. Yenapa cbe ku pananaga ?
BHEL created a huge ecosystem in trichy and it became a fabrication capital of state - so don't reduce it to 1000 engineers n hundreds of workers. And you are comparing CIT to NIT.. sir please :) Regardless of the govt, from the beginning all the govts. has pushed central institutions to trichy citing centre of state etc.
appo 0.5 lakh sqft um 17.5 lakh sqft um onnu :unsure: appo andha 17.5 lakh sqft space a engalukkum konjam kattitharaa sollungalen. BC TIDEL vera ELCOT vera angayee Govt ungalukku Differnce a kuduthachu this cant be treated as JNNURM or Smart city

Yes CBE may had IT parks before TIDEL but the impression of such a huge IT building facility would have created among the industry to turn and look into CBE more that impact is what any city needed which Govt has given to CBE.

Also check when Trichy got Govt Engineering college and Govt medical college. Just because of One NIT (REC) Trichy didn't get Govt engineering college and medical college long time.

BC all the NITs are not performing like Trichy NIT it's all depends upon the institute to institute. coimbatore had GCT in 1945 and CIT 1956 and Trichy NIT (REC) 1965. You want to setup REC too in CBE when already it had two govt tech institutes ?

Note - there is no comparisons each and every city has so many issues and so many Expectations . Here just the point is clarified only what Govt did for CBE nothing against CBE.
Even I am expecting CBE to become a metro city officially soon. (Expecting 3 million population in 2021 census)

·
cbe admirer
1,016 Posts
Even I am expecting CBE to become a metro city officially soon. (Expecting 3 million population in 2021 census)

@Manivannan

I dont see the population of CBE will be 3 million in 2021 census. Some of the projected population shows it around 2.0 million only as of 2020.even if we combine the city peripheral areas it will not go beyond 2.5 million IMO.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I dont see the population of CBE will be 3 million in 2021 census. Some of the projected population shows it around 2.0 million only as of 2020.even if we combine the city peripheral areas it will not go beyond 2.5 million IMO.
My estimation population for CBE is

2011 UA - 21.3 Lakhs + 1 lakh (adding left out suburbs in 2011 - infact major expantion already done and very few left to add) + 20% Growth (considered only very min level the city like CBE must be more)

It's coming around 2.66+ million easily. let's see the numbers

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Not sure how a city is classified as Metro. Based on HRA classification, CBE is Y. RBI classifies based on population as Tier 1 city (population 100,000 and above ). and Population-group wise CBe is a Metro (1,000,000 and above). Not sure how Census of India classifies a city. Can some one point out?

·
Registered
864 Posts
appo 0.5 lakh sqft um 17.5 lakh sqft um onnu :unsure: appo andha 17.5 lakh sqft space a engalukkum konjam kattitharaa sollungalen. BC TIDEL vera ELCOT vera angayee Govt ungalukku Differnce a kuduthachu this cant be treated as JNNURM or Smart city

Yes CBE may had IT parks before TIDEL but the impression of such a huge IT building facility would have created among the industry to turn and look into CBE more that impact is what any city needed which Govt has given to CBE.

Also check when Trichy got Govt Engineering college and Govt medical college. Just because of One NIT (REC) Trichy didn't get Govt engineering college and medical college long time.

BC all the NITs are not performing like Trichy NIT it's all depends upon the institute to institute. coimbatore had GCT in 1945 and CIT 1956 and Trichy NIT (REC) 1965. You want to setup REC too in CBE when already it had two govt tech institutes ?

Note - there is no comparisons each and every city has so many issues and so many Expectations . Here just the point is clarified only what Govt did for CBE nothing against CBE.
CIT is a private college. GCT is the suckiest college with the poorest infrastructure. NIT, Trichy is a massively funded central university. The point remains - not a single central university in CBE. State funded universities suck. I am happy iit palakkad happened - it is not far from CBE.
Why does CBE not have a urban development authority, by the way? Smaller cities like Varanasi, Baroda, Surat etc have them.
‘Why does CBE have to be bracketed with a TN government that has pushed the ease of business ranking to a very bad #18. Maybe separate western TN will become #1 in ease of doing business like Telangana is today.
ESI hospital is no match to AIIMS. You need to see the budget and size of AIIMS campuses. They sent AIIMS to a no name area near Madurai.

Maharashtra has metro in 3 cities - Mumbai, Pune, and Nagpur. WTF is TN doing?
Why is TN government preventing expansion of CBE airport?
why was CBE deprived of electricity and water, despite having hydropower and good water sources nearby?
The IT building you mention is nothing compared to the ones in Hyderabad. Plus CBE by now should have an established medical devices industry but the terrible electricity situation drove every one away.
‘Even now, CBE is losing industries every day. They are relocating to bengaluru or Hyderabad or Gujarat.

I would say everyone passionate about western TN start writing to PM, central ministers, influential peopl, friends, family etc to make them aware of why western TN has to be a separate state. Enough with the social justice poverty politics. People want to live better. Everyone has suffered enough at the hands of the incompetent and corrupt TN governments.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
CIT is a private college. GCT is the suckiest college with the poorest infrastructure. NIT, Trichy is a massively funded central university. The point remains - not a single central university in CBE. State funded universities suck. I am happy iit palakkad happened - it is not far from CBE.
Why does CBE not have a urban development authority, by the way? Smaller cities like Varanasi, Baroda, Surat etc have them.
‘Why does CBE have to be bracketed with a TN government that has pushed the ease of business ranking to a very bad #18. Maybe separate western TN will become #1 in ease of doing business like Telangana is today.
ESI hospital is no match to AIIMS. You need to see the budget and size of AIIMS campuses. They sent AIIMS to a no name area near Madurai.

Maharashtra has metro in 3 cities - Mumbai, Pune, and Nagpur. WTF is TN doing?
Why is TN government preventing expansion of CBE airport?
why was CBE deprived of electricity and water, despite having hydropower and good water sources nearby?
The IT building you mention is nothing compared to the ones in Hyderabad. Plus CBE by now should have an established medical devices industry but the terrible electricity situation drove every one away.
‘Even now, CBE is losing industries every day. They are relocating to bengaluru or Hyderabad or Gujarat.

I would say everyone passionate about western TN start writing to PM, central ministers, influential peopl, friends, family etc to make them aware of why western TN has to be a separate state. Enough with the social justice poverty politics. People want to live better. Everyone has suffered enough at the hands of the incompetent and corrupt TN governments.
CIT is a Govt aided institute
GCT - 1945 - the condition of this institute is secondary the point is what Govt did for CBE ? The answer is the city has its govt engineering college even two decades before compared to the NIT Trichy. If I am not worng GCT supposed to be one of the most premium institute by now considering the year it started.

Again ESI / TIDEL all informed just the answer for what govt did for CBE.

the problem I could see CBE guys comparing their stuffs always with Mega city's like Chennai /Bangalore / Hydrabad . Anyhow there is no barrier for expectation all the best.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Ha ha.. This is the precise problem.. we west TN/cbe fellas keep comparing ourselves to likes of Pune, Ahmedabad, etc, and once Blr and hyderabad as well. As in early 90's probably we were in the same league as them and lot of expectation stems from that fact, while rest of TN tier 2's and TN govt in general keeps dragging down to same tier 2 grouping along with trichy , madurai and dindigul.. thats the difference.

While many cities which had some head start were allowed to become metros/tier 1 cities in late 2000's, cbe was dragged down by TN govt or rather not allowed to leverage the advantages we had. So obviously now cbe is fighting with all tier 2's for projects/funding and you have problem even in that piecemeal we got after 2 decades. By all standards, the city has become shitty and some areas you feel as if they r stuck in 90's. As you say mostly, we are not competing to stay relevant or at least be in no.2 within the state - as madurai keeps knocking to claim back its spot n ever politicians love to develop South TN , lost airport related developments to trichy as no.2 and probably step by step we r losing even no 2 within state in various fields.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Not sure how a city is classified as Metro. Based on HRA classification, CBE is Y. RBI classifies based on population as Tier 1 city (population 100,000 and above ). and Population-group wise CBe is a Metro (1,000,000 and above). Not sure how Census of India classifies a city. Can some one point out?
I remember a document were I noticed 4 million and above Urban agglomerations officially declared as Metro city. I couldn't get that document now.

·
Registered
864 Posts
CIT is a Govt aided institute
GCT - 1945 - the condition of this institute is secondary the point is what Govt did for CBE ? The answer is the city has its govt engineering college even two decades before compared to the NIT Trichy. If I am not worng GCT supposed to be one of the most premium institute by now considering the year it started.

Again ESI / TIDEL all informed just the answer for what govt did for CBE.

the problem I could see CBE guys comparing their stuffs always with Mega city's like Chennai /Bangalore / Hydrabad . Anyhow there is no barrier for expectation all the best.
GCT is not at all funded to the need required. They throw peanuts at it. Where a building is needed they constructed a hut. NIT is a central university with huge funds. GCT is not a premium institute at all. It is a terrible college. LOL.

like I said before you seem to be satisfied with small peanuts thrown at you. CBE was a top 10 city once. It had more colleges and industrial activity than Bengaluru and Hyderabad. Also, the pleasant climate in CBE is ideal for IT and services industry. IT industry should have started here first in south India. But the stupid fools in Chennai destroyed everything and let it go to bengaluru.

no person who has seen how CBE has fallen will ever be satisfied with your thought process. TN government lost the head start CBE had in a number of areas and is making the city poorer and poorer and pushing it to beyond a top 20 city. Shameful tragedy. The only city development is happening because of smart city funds from the central government.

if we had any sense, we would ask Telangana people how to form a separate state and just do it.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I remember a document were I noticed 4 million and above Urban agglomerations officially declared as Metro city. I couldn't get that document now.
Last census Surat crossed 4 million mark. Its population is above 4.5 but still I believe its not classified as Metro Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune is classified as Metro.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
7961 - 7980 of 8084 Posts