SkyscraperCity banner

741 - 760 of 812 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
A similar set up which was in Town hall disappeared after all the news. Cross cut road is one of the worst roads for pedestrians. Just painting wont help unless the pedestrian platforms/walking area is increased/remove parking/ and reduce motorable space

·
Registered
294 Posts
A similar set up which was in Town hall disappeared after all the news. Cross cut road is one of the worst roads for pedestrians. Just painting wont help unless the pedestrian platforms/walking area is increased/remove parking/ and reduce motorable space
Instead of painting the road and wasting the money crosscut road can be developed like Chennai Pondy bazar road like pedestrian free pathways with reduced motorable and pedestrian free space... So that shopping and walking will be enjoyed a lot...

·
Registered
295 Posts
It kind of looks nice.
Now, I don't want to be negative, but going by previous experience, I see some issues with this.
1. Why so many colors? It looks like they tried doing rangoli, but failed.
2. What sort of paint /technology did they use to paint the pavement? It is not easy to make pavement markings durable and last a long time, without using some of the newer paint or materials and technology (like in developed countries) which may be expensive
3. That brings us the question of maintenance, when the paint fades, gets dirty or is gone in places where they dig the road in the future or due to rain water drainage issues, will they redo it? I very much doubt it unless this issue is specifically planned for.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
It kind of looks nice.
Now, I don't want to be negative, but going by previous experience, I see some issues with this.
1. Why so many colors? It looks like they tried doing rangoli, but failed.
2. What sort of paint /technology did they use to paint the pavement? It is not easy to make pavement markings durable and last a long time, without using some of the newer paint, materials and technology (like in developed countries) which may be expensive
3. That brings us the question of maintenance, when the pain fades, gets dirty or is gone in places where dig the road in the future, or due to rain water drainage issues, will they redo it? I very much doubt it unless this issue is specifically planned for.
Election Gimmicks - Its okay if its last till election - politician's mindset.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Election Gimmicks - Its okay if its last till election - politician's mindset.
Instead of painting the road and wasting the money crosscut road can be developed like Chennai Pondy bazar road like pedestrian free pathways with reduced motorable and pedestrian free space... So that shopping and walking will be enjoyed a lot...
True. Biggest problem for cross cut road is lacking for parking. We need Multi-storey parking near 8th Street market. We need better walkway for shoppers on both sides.
and elevated platform for walkers from Annapoorna up to Aarti.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
True. Biggest problem for cross cut road is lacking for parking. We need Multi-storey parking near 8th Street market. We need better walkway for shoppers on both sides.
and elevated platform for walkers from Annapoorna up to Aarti.
"Aarti"- After long time I came across this shop. Long back we use to clap for an advertisement shown in cinema hall. :)

·
Gokul_Bas
469 Posts
Had a ride through it at evening. Now cross-cut road became a traffic spot than earlier...
Still left side is used for two - wheeler parking...

741 - 760 of 812 Posts