28,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Texas A&M Aggies

College
2x Champion:
1919, 1939

opened 1927
record 88,253
For me one of the craziest and most interesting stadiums in the USA.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Looks imposing and it does serve the purpose. But it kind of looks like giant temporary stands on scafolding and it is not all-seater. If it was the capacity would be around 50.000. But local fans don´t care.

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks imposing and it does serve the purpose. But it kind of looks like giant temporary stands on scafolding and it is not all-seater. If it was the capacity would be around 50.000. But local fans don´t care.
actually its all-seater
like other college stadiums it has got benches and not seats

·
Unregistered User
2,586 Posts
it is an all seater

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would guess with individual seats (80cm*45cm) it would have a capacity of 75k
With NFl seat maybe 70k

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
really?
is the difference so big between benches and indivdual seats?

·
Unregistered User
2,586 Posts
really?
is the difference so big between benches and indivdual seats?
i dont think theres any other explanation. In terms of size some NFL stadiums are larger than college ones yet have smaller capacities

·
Unregistered User
2,586 Posts
great job with the college stadiums, sercan. Keep em coming, maybe in a while you'll get to my team :)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Sure does look like a tackle box. Also looks like one of the few American Football stadiums that could fit Rugby dimensions (I have ideas):)

·
Registered
113 Posts
does it matter when you stand the whole game?
en1044 is absolutely right. At college football games there isn't much sitting going on. But especially at Texas A&M it's one of their engrained traditions called the 12th Man to stand for the entire game.

Back in the 1920s, they had a game where the team had been decimated by injuries. The team called on one of the spectators to suit up and be ready to play. In the end he never played, but now it's a symbolic gesture by the crowd to stand ready if the team needs them.

American football has 11 players on the field from each team, so the 12th Man represents the extra "player" that isn't out there, but is ready to and is contributing in any way to help (mainly making noise).

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow
so benches are like terraces
in general its 1 seats = 1,5-2 person at terrace (sometimes 1,5)

maybe at benches its 1,2-1,3?
82,600 / 1,2 = 68,833
sound realistic to me :D

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
No they aren't like terraces, some are cramped as hell but you can still sit down. I'm pretty tall and I could certainly sit in the bench seating at both Camp Randall and Ohio stadium if I wanted to. The big difference is benches require slightly less space than seats in terms of depth to allow the same legroom and there arent arm rests so they tend to fit an extra person or two per row. But it's like a 1 to 1.3 ratio, maybe.
I heard a figure that if Lambeau Field replaced all of the bleacher with chairbacks capacity would drop from 71,500 to about 63,000.

1 - 20 of 382 Posts