SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Great stadium!!

What's the story behind the fans on the pitch?

any news on increasing the capacity??

maybe standing on the upper tier like hamburg?

·
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
currently, there is no increase planned.

that picture with the fans on the pic is from 07/08 season, when Köln played 2. Bundesliga. After this game, they promoted and the fans are celebrating the promotion. the securities at the bottom of the picture protect the corner where the away fans from Mainz were.

·
28,086 Posts
3rd tier would be great but as far as know impossible

·
28,086 Posts
as far as i know because of the forest
no sapce or something like that

actually in germany the tickets are quite cheap therefore every game is sold out

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
^^ i know that's my point, Koln could've sold out a far larger stadium but they aimed too low and now they are suffering the consequences!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I really love the interior of this stadium.
But view from the outer parts of the 2nd tier is bad. They seats don't have an angle like you usually have in coners. So you face the stands instead of the pitch as seen on the first pic and have to turn your head the whole game.

Capacity is not so bad imo. They averaged about 30-35k in the 1. Bundesliga in the old stadium so more than 50k would have been risky.
And it's not like they're selling out every game. This season 4 games have been sold out.

·
28,086 Posts
btw c value at the 2nd tier of the main stand is 4,7cm

·
28,086 Posts
min is 6cm, but new rules says 9cm

·
Registered
271 Posts
It is a great stadium. I like the German stadiums because they look great and still have terraces. A third tier would make it look like the Giuseppe Meazza.

By the way Sercan what is c value? Is it the height of the stand' steps?

·
No Fat Chicks
858 Posts

·
Stadium Fan
827 Posts
Probably my favorite stadium of the 06 world cup. Very nice interior and exterior. I just wish they didn't have a standing area. Why is this still so common in Germany?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts