SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
unBANNED
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

MAJESTIC: The Diamond Tower to be Colombo, Sri Lanka's tallest building, is a US$ 150 million investment scheduled to be completed in 2011. The 246 -metre tall tower consisting of 59 floors and 1.5 million square feet, will have many features that will be at the cutting edge of technology, setting a new standard in Colombo. These will include 177 luxury residential apartments on 19 floors, six penthouses and 128 serviced apartments on eight floors, while nine floors will be used for vehicle parking. Larsen & Touro Limited, India’s largest engineering conglomerate, promoted the project. Accor, an international leader in serviced apartments will be managing the tower. The project is located at Darley Road and construction is due to commence shortly.

·
The only way is up
86,576 Posts
Impressive tower, but it dwarfs is surroundings completely. I doubt if it is the right place for it. I'd prefer a more urban environment.

·
unBANNED
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I am not sure if the neighbourhood ( as per the pic ) is that flat. There are a few highrises not too far.
This photo below shows the entrance to Darley Road where the highrise is to come.. but I am not sure where..

·
unBANNED
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eurika-ish?...and do i see a tree near the top of the building?:p
it is the 'in thing' to have trees in highrises... or atleast in highrise renders nowadays ;)

you might, in most cases find the tree missing when the building is really constructed. sad.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Woah. First I'm hearing of this.... haven't visited the SL forum in a long time. Where is Darley Road in Colombo? It's off Beira Lake, right? Would look a bit awkward here... even JAIC dominates too much.

·
MEXICO 2010!
11,135 Posts
Architecture

Sometimes is . . interesting to see how some forumers rank a good architecture as ugly, and in the other hand a commercial and poor architecture quality building becames ranked as "great", "cool", etc

I believe that most of us grant very superficial opinions just based on how looks the building`s facade or glass, somehow we do never analize or think on how comfortable, practical, eficient and "friendly" could be such building`s architecture . . .

Btw, imo this building looks (like many others) as an architectural disaster . .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts