Special Sauce
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The capital of South Carolina and my hometown. :cheers:

Here are some pics I googled:

Columbia at night:

SC State House:

The fountain at Finlay Park:

Please add your own Columbia pictures if you have some. :)

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
cool, where i went to school, and where i might end up.

a little bit of history: one of the few U.S. cities to be devastated by war; 2/3 were burned to the ground during the civil war (it was Atlanta's size then.)

now, it's small city that acts like a big city; "a big city at 1/4 the size and cost" was how someone else described it.

some pics i've taken (if you don't mind me adding to the thread:)

ancient egyptian ruins discovered in n. america

waccamatt over in the southeast US section has the best skyline pic of Cola i've ever seen.

-

·
Gamecocks&Skyscrapers fan
1,839 Posts
Thanks, Lsyd. I appreciate that. To save them some time I'll post my favorites here and give them a link to my website for all of the Columbia pics. If you're unfamiliar with the city, it is the capital and largest city in South Carolina. The city has a population of approximately 117,000, with a metro population around 679,000. (South Carolina has very strict annexation laws)

:runaway: :cheers:

...and because I love snow, there are always some obligatory snow pics from our (usually) annual snowfall.

Here are all of the pics

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
Nice pictures. :eek:kay:

I went to Columbia back in '98 or '99, and I remember being pleasantly surprised at the city's size and beauty. I mean, it is in South Carolina. :jk:

I hope to go there again soon and maybe take some pictures for you guys. :D

·
Special Sauce
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great pictures LSyd and waccamatt! The statistics are very informative.

Here are some more pics I found:

·
Special Sauce
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
waccamatt said:
Cool. I took the second to last one on a hill about 10 miles southwest of downtown.
Sorry for the repost, didn't see the original at first. It's so good, though, it deserves to be posted twice. ;)

Here is a signature skyline shot. I wish I could find a similar one that's larger but this one has it all, including the Finlay Park fountain.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
some more of mine.

-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts