Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are just a few pics of Northeast Columbia. The fastest growing part of the metro...

Well this is skyscrapercity but decided just to show my amateur pics of Columbia's suburbs....Here are some random photos I took around the fastest growing part of the Columbia Metro....I was amazed at Lake Carolina. That development is HUGE and I felt like I was in Downtown Columbia's Elmwood park or Charleston at one moment in one of the sections of the development

Here is The Village at Sandhill

Here is Woodcreek Farms...This is about 20 miles outside of downtown but its actually in the city limits. Also got random photos of Wildewoode.

Some cookie cutter homes!

Lake Carolina

The skyline from Lee Rd. About 15 miles outside of downtown.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Hey, its all part of good living :eek:kay: There has to be something for everyone. I liked the Lake Carolina community :) Thanks for taking the time and energy to share your photos with us.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I think I'm going to have to check out Lake Carolina sometime, it actually looks pretty impressive.

·
Registered
754 Posts
It all looks nice. Looks like you caught the cookie-cutter neighborhood on trash day.

103 Posts
Wow. Very impressive, Columbia! I do especially like Lake Carolina.
I'll have to take a day trip up there and check out some of the development.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
lake carolina looks nice. but there's so much nice housing around downtown, why go that far out (unless your job's out there, i guess.)

-

·
Registered
855 Posts
can you say smog? building more suburbs should help :) looks pretty unlivable without a car and AC all the time. when do you guys go outside?

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Try living in NYC without AC during the summer ;) Been there, done that... Urban areas are not less prone to smog, or heat. Big cities have worse issues and urbanity isn't going to help you when more than 1 million live in the city proper. You can have a sprawled city that is more environment-friendly if designed properly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts