Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
great pics. one major thing for which i must congratulate herodotus is his portraits of center-city neighborhoods. quite often, when many photo shoots of cities are presented, there are many fine pictures of downtowns, but none of the surrounding, close-in neighborhoods. cities are about more than just tall buildings. herodotus and ex-ithacan never fail to surprise and delight. thanks again. columbus is a gem!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Columbus does have an impressive skyline. Some buildings that make Columbus notable are the Ohio Supreme Court Building, the Franklin County Courthouse (the tallest in the state and one of the tallest in the country, I believe), Miranova (the tallest residential building in Ohio), the LeVeque Tower, the Huntington Bank headquarters, and the Nationwide complex.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Why does Rhodes tower get so much hate in Columbus? Its not that bad. I personally like it better than the Nationwide complex. The tallest towers all seem to form a line North to South. Are all of them near or on High Street?

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
I live in Columbus.

Overall the city's talls have mediocre architecture. Rhodes State office tower is ugly, as is the big V shaped building. There's a number of smaller, bland corporate talls around.

La Veque, Miranova, and Nationwide (at night) are my favorites.

OSU also a mini complex of talls, dominated by two dorms which are both quite ugly.

·
The KING
2 Posts
Man and who says Columbus doesn't offer a wide variety of neighborhoods. I hate it when people hate on Columbus and say it's not 'urban' enough. Well take a look at the pics. Give Columbus some time and we will get just as much props as the other C's in Ohio. Good post by the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts