Goddess of Winter
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A few more shots of the city taken on Friday, with spring definitely in bloom:

·
Goddess of Winter
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback all. I love Boston; it's a fantastic city with a thriving downtown, lots of different styles of architecture (old and new) and best of all, it's extremely walkable.

I've really only just begun. Now that the weather is warming up, I plan to get around the city & suburbs to take lots more pics.

·
Agenda 21 Advocate
4,151 Posts
Nice pictures! Boston is a city that interests me greatly in the US.
Its urban area is of similar size to Greater Stockholm, plus its T was inspired by the Tunnelbana symbol. It's even got a, how should I put it, bus system that tries hard to be like the trunk lines in Stockholm.

That aside, I really do enjoy the presence of fellow Bay Staters and more importantly, photographers, in these threads.

By the way, have you ever been to that cafe that is smack-dab in the middle of a major downtown intersection? It's somewhat close to State Street. It has a wonderful view of the surrounding skyline.

·
Goddess of Winter
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its urban area is of similar size to Greater Stockholm, plus its T was inspired by the Tunnelbana symbol. It's even got a, how should I put it, bus system that tries hard to be like the trunk lines in Stockholm.

That aside, I really do enjoy the presence of fellow Bay Staters and more importantly, photographers, in these threads.

By the way, have you ever been to that cafe that is smack-dab in the middle of a major downtown intersection? It's somewhat close to State Street. It has a wonderful view of the surrounding skyline.
Didn't know that about the T, thanks! Incidentally, there was a small protest going on against the proposed MBTA cuts.

Do you know the name of the cafe? I'll check it out next time I'm downtown.

·
Agenda 21 Advocate
4,151 Posts
Didn't know that about the T, thanks! Incidentally, there was a small protest going on against the proposed MBTA cuts.

Do you know the name of the cafe? I'll check it out next time I'm downtown.
Edit: found it. It's called the Sip Cafe. It's located in the Norman B. Leventhal Park.

·
Goddess of Winter
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts