SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Goddess of Winter
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Separate from my 'Comfortably Boston' thread, I plan on using this thread for posting photographs taken of the rest of New England (non-Boston). So let's begin with a few I've taken from the north shore area of Massachusetts (2 years worth):

North Shore (including Salem, Marblehead, Beverly and Manchester)

·
Goddess of Winter
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice pics! I've never been up there before but the fall is definitely the best time to be in that area for good reasons (the foliage and the whole Witch thing). :yes:

I was going to visit Salem this month but my plans changed, maybe I'll check it out next year.
Halloween is the best time to visit Salem. It's a great town and just next door from me. The north shore is amazing. You really wouldn't think it's just 30 minutes from Boston by train.

Oh, fall foliage....wait til I post the pics I took in New Hanpshire, most likely tomorrow night in this thread. The fall colors up there were much more vivid, but they're catching up now here in MA.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I really love the north shore area of Boston. There are so many beautiful towns and natural scenery. Looking forward to more.

·
Agenda 21 Advocate
4,151 Posts
Halloween is the best time to visit Salem. It's a great town and just next door from me. The north shore is amazing. You really wouldn't think it's just 30 minutes from Boston by train.

Oh, fall foliage....wait til I post the pics I took in New Hanpshire, most likely tomorrow night in this thread. The fall colors up there were much more vivid, but they're catching up now here in MA.
Yeah, definitely. Mass has been a bit of a late bloomer this year.

·
Goddess of Winter
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, definitely. Mass has been a bit of a late bloomer this year.
It's been much warmer than I expected. Is an abnormally warm fall often a prelude for a really harsh winter? My boss told me that, but maybe he was just trying to scare me.

·
leisure cook
11,910 Posts
Beautiful New England....definitely worth a visit, my sis-in-law and her family live in Berwick, Maine.....thanks for the pics.:cheers2:

·
Goddess of Winter
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback....

I took these the weekend before last, on a trip to the White Mountains National Forest in New Hampshire. It was well worth the 2 hour drive, as the fall foliage was far more vivid than here in Massachusetts and the scenery alone was to die for. So no skyscrapers, but enjoy the scenery:

·
Goddess of Winter
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beautiful photos, thanks so much for sharing :)
Welcome!

Here are some more I took back in August, from some of the national parks & countryside, all within an hour of Boston:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts