SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
34,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok a new forum idea here. how about we have something where we take alternative designs for a project and rate them according to which one we like best whether its riverside south / st botolphs house in london, chesham house in sheffield, or elphinstone place / trinity towers in glasgow?

·
dE/dm
2,411 Posts
The are plenty of similar concepts though - beatham vs beatham, comparisons of ISA's towers, etc. There's also scope for votes on developer competitions like the one for criterion place.

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Provided it had its own subforum, and was kept separate from Rate a Scraper, then yes - I'd be totally in favour of it.

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Okay then, here are some examples:
  • London Bridge Tower (2 previous versions - 350m and 420m)
  • 1 Canada Square (somebody recently posted the original design from the early 1980s)
  • Riverside South
  • Heron Quays West
  • St Botolph's House
  • Citypoint (Calatrava's design)
  • SwissRe (the original version had "sky gardens" - I have a pic of the model somewhere)
  • St George's Wharf
  • Elephant & Castle towers
  • 51 Lime Street
  • Grand Union Building
  • West End Green
  • Palestra

A few more possible examples in the near future:
  • DIFA Tower (Murphy Jahn vs. the current design which we'll know about soon)
  • Heron Tower (if they add another 4-6 floors)
  • Arena Central

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Or maybe a "Building vs Building" subforum would work better (as caw123 suggested above). In other words, you could have ANY 2 buildings competing against each other - not just 2 different designs of the same building.

This would certainly generate enough traffic/posting activity to sustain it.

Mr. Gothicform, what d'ya think?

:)

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
wjfox2002 said:
Or maybe a "Building vs Building" subforum would work better (as caw123 suggested above). In other words, you could have ANY 2 buildings competing against each other - not just 2 different designs of the same building.

This would certainly generate enough traffic/posting activity to sustain it.

Mr. Gothicform, what d'ya think?

:)
And why not a city v city forum while your at it?! :D :crazy:

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
Yep! Went through all 7 pages of this forum, rating every building I'd not posted in!
Its all in the name of (raising my post count) aiding this rather quiet subforum!

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
I would never even dream about trying to catch you will... you're just too fast :no:
I just want to get well ahead of Dubai-Lover before I go to Toronto next week (for 2 weeks). It probably wont work though. He will just get way ahead of me when I'm gone and at the rate EarlyBird is posting, he will probably overtake me too! Watch your ass Will... EarlyBird isnt too far behind!

·
Against ID Cards
9,799 Posts
So any news on this?

And also are all the other threads lost in the hack going to ever return?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts