Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
35,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Competition (win cash for making silly pictures)
Londonist.com are looking for contributions to their long-running series Touch Up London, in which readers submit photoshopped images of the capital. I've chatted about this with the Londonist editor, Matt Brown, and we're really keen to run a special competition specifically for skyscrapercity's contributors.

So, please add to this thread amusing, disturbing, imaginative or fun images that show London in a new light. Before you open photoshop, take a look through the archives ( http://londonist.com/touch_up_london/2007/06/) as there's no point duplicating ideas. (Note, you have to click through month by month to see all 54 previous entries.)

On 21 July, Londonist writers will pick their favourite five from the pool, and display them on consecutive days the following week.

Readers get to vote for their faves using our 'recommend this' buttons.

There are prizes for the best images - £30 for the best image, £20 for second place, and £10 for third place, as voted for by readers.

We did this successfully a couple of months back with another well-trafficked forum, and it actually got onto TV and the papers - one image even got Lord Foster writing in for a copy.

After the competition is over, we will showcase some of the better runners-up in the weekly column.

Note on image source: Please make sure any images are from a Creative Commons source, your own photo stock, or you have permission to publish. The higher resolution the better, as we may receive press interest again and newspapers need better quality than web.

·
Registered
216 Posts
sod that im not gonna even post my feeble efforts, (i only got photoshop a few weeks ago to get rid of red eye.. downloaded of course) compared tot aht, what chance do i have.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow, I thought this thread had died on its arse.
The Dougal one's not all that bad, actually.

I'll leave the competition open for a while longer, in case anyone else has something up their sleeves. Just one more image needed and I'll dish out the prize money.

Come on, have a go.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts