Use | Commercial
Architect | ?
Developer | ?

Construction Status | Ground works/Foundation
Construction Start | 2009
Construction End | 2012?

Structural Engineers Site | ADNOC Site

Notes:
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company’s new headquarters will become a landmark building in the United Arab Emirates and a symbol of ADNOC’s status as one of the most prominent oil and gas companies in the world. In addition to office space, this magnificent tower will include a Corniche Club, the Supreme Petroleum Council and Crisis Management Centre, the Heritage Museum and other supporting facilities. The tower will also have a Gold or Platinum LEED Certification, reducing its impact on the environment.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Work starts on Adnoc headquarters' foundations - MEED

The local Arabian Foundations has started work on the enabling works package for the new corporate headquarters for Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc).

Is it possible that someone could get some pic's of the site and any project boards around it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
a Crisis Management Centre!!...

what's that for...?

'eek the price of oil had dropped below $50/barrel' type of crisis

·
Registered
190 Posts
a Crisis Management Centre!!...

what's that for...?

'eek the price of oil had dropped below $50/barrel' type of crisis
lol :lol:

its simply a large meeting room for General Managers and Operations heads to meet at in case of a fire/explotion, Gas leak or Oil spill in order to execute the Emergancy Response Plane.

it has the drawings of the Pipline networks and production plants PFD's (process flow diagrams) and has all the communication tools and Hotlines phones to coordinate between the production plants teams. and from that room you can view almost all the variables in the remote plants such as flow, well status, fire alarms, gas detectors, etc . . . .

I was involved in one of them couple years ago durring a minor explotion/fire. :sleepy:

·
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
9,583 Posts
Adam, how come you never posted this in the world forums? This will be built, no doubt.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was hoping to get a few pictures of the site for confirmation but didn't realise it would take so long. And then I just forgot about it to be honest.

This and Etihad Towers will make quite a nice cluster IMO.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally some site pictures. Thank you UAE'er. :banana:
Are the pictures taken from the current headquarters? You don't by any chance work for ADNOC do you? ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks for that. I reposted your pictures in the world forum if that's OK.
sure np

Finally some site pictures. Thank you UAE'er.
Are the pictures taken from the current headquarters? You don't by any chance work for ADNOC do you?
no i dont, but i work closely with them. I meet with them every six weeks, so hopefully i will be able to update everyone with photos of the site :)

the funny thing, usually when we finish the meeting, I meet with one of the managers there, and his office overlook the other side where Nareel island, and all the development sounding Emirates palace are. he goes "we should do this and that" and all am thinking is "god i wish i could take a photo". :bash:

that area is one of nicest areas in AD with Emirates palace, and presidential palace landscaping, and the surrounding islands and coasts. :)

·
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur
16,657 Posts

Adnoc HQ will be the tallest tower in the UAE Captial.

Six Construct to build Abu Dhabi's tallest tower

by Conrad Egbert on Apr 4, 2010

Belgium’s Six Construct has picked up a US $490 million (AED1.8 billion) contract to build what will become Abu Dhabi’s tallest tower – the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company Headquarters (Adnoc).

The first package worth $163 million for the core and shell was awarded to Six Construct last week with four more packages to follow.

The project is being managed by Six Construct internally and the consultant on the job is Halcrow. Adnoc is the client.

Work on the project is expected to begin end May and is scheduled to be completed in around 36 months.

The Abu Dhabi National Oil Company Headquarters has been designed to become a landmark in the UAE capital. In addition to office space, the 342m tower will include a corniche club, a museum and other supporting facilities. The tower is also expected to work towards attaining a Gold or Platinum Leed status.

>> Source

·
Registered
190 Posts

sorry for the lower quality and bad angle. couldnt take a better picture. pilling was in progress, the site was very busy.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts