SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 605 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know enough about this tower now and so I think it deserves its own thread...

BUILDING NAME: AL YAQOUB TOWER
TYPE: THE 6 LOWER FLOORS WILL BE DEDICATED TO OFFICES AND THE REST OF THE TOWER WILL HOUSE 289 APARTMENTS.
ADDRESS PLOT: Next to CAPITAL TOWERS??? Sheikh Zayed Road, South - Dubai - U.A.E
HEIGHT METERS : ?
HEIGHT FLOORS : 60F
ADDITIONAL FEATURES: A MULTI STORY CAR PARK WIL BE BUILT BEHIND THE TOWER AND WILL BE CONNECTED TO THE TOWER VIA A BRIDGE AND WILL ACCOMMODATE 580 CARS.
START: 2006
FINISH:2008 ???
OTHER DETAILS : ENLARGED VERSION OF... BIG BEN (I.E., AN EXACT, BUT MAGNIFIED VERSION OF THE REAL THING!) I dunno about the clock bit though, time will tell.... :D :D :D :D

It might even end up looking like this...

Tada! Now who knows more than I do? :tongue2:

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,963 Posts
is this left or right of capital?
between it and the fairmont?

we are not sure btw if this is UC because there are three towers supposed to be between capital and fairmont,
but there is only space for two, assuming one of them is al rafi complex.

and how the heck do you know it is big ben.
i hope not this is riddiculous for SZR :weird:

·
32,083 Posts
I agree with Flo. It is to early to open a "UNDER C." thread for these. Maybe it would have been better to just post the info about the Big Ben similarities, on the "Dubai Gossip" thread.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am serious on this one guys..... the contract has already been awarded and it WILL be an exact replica of Big Ben according to the developers and site work is currently under way according to my sources.... Trust me on this one.... its real and its coming up.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Did someone ask for evidence?

The info I had has now gone public.....

Source: http://www.meed.com/nav?page=meed.article&fixture_story=3916970&title=Search Result

ACC strikes ‘Big Ben’ deal
CONSTRUCTION UAE
23 Dec 2005

Lebanon’s Arabian Construction Company (ACC) has been awarded an estimated $61 million contract to build the Yaqoub tower on Shaikh Zayed highway in Dubai. The 60-storey tower, resembling Big Ben, will be located near the World Trade Centre and have a built-up area of 53,000 square metres. The lower six floors will house 4,000 square metres of office space, while the remaining levels will consist of 289 apartments. The building will also incorporate a swimming pool, while an adjacent car park, linked to the tower by a bridge, will be built for 580 cars. The consultant on the 24-month project is the local Adnan Saffarini; the client is a private developer.
Now do you believe me? :D

·
Watch my Chops
5,980 Posts
A modern twist to big ben would rock but a taller replica is really dumb idea.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dunno why we need to continually replicate famous landmarks.....

its time for something original.... having said that, I think we need to cut the developer some slack and wait till we get some official renders....

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now that we are sure that it is being built, I thought we should try and imagine what it would look like in SZR's skyline....

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope so too, Dennis....

I saw that Chrystler twin complex... interesting...

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stephan23 said:
Where are the superfuturistic towers now????

What superfurturistic towers are you talking about?

1 - 20 of 605 Posts