SkyscraperCity Forum banner

#COMPLETED: Almas Tower, 68F Com, 363m (DMCC)

Tags
dubai
153K views 828 replies 114 participants last post by  Oasis-Bangkok 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
NAME : Almas Tower
TYPE: OFFICE TOWER
HEIGHT:
FLOORS: 56
START: OCT 2003
END: 2005
PART OF LARGER PROJECT: Dubai Metals & Commodities Centre
DMCC Theard

Again kinda odd for me to post a project that I have not lookeda t the site but I will soon and there are so many projects going on it hard to get to them all.

Almas is Arabic for diamond – is to be built as a part of the DMCC's 300-hectare development site opposite the Dubai Marina on the Sheikh Zayed Road

the 56-floor tower will be the focal point of diamond trade, housing the Dubai Diamond Exchange. The dramatic glass skyscraper located at the centre of DMCC will provide a base for the large numbers of local and international companies expected to establish operations at the impressive facility by 2005. Built as an ever-decreasing spiralling cylinder that soars towards the sky with a number of elegant spires, the tower plays with geometrical design and light up to create a delight for the eye, surrounded by a lake in the centre of the DMCC development.

See less See more
#12 ·
The final design is another one. The tower seams Atkins-like design but with light green coloured glass and it has a spire. I saw the rendering on some billboards for DMCC on SZR.

Maybe if we check we might find the right rendering

#17 ·
Trances said:
sorry to douth you just hope its not more signs like those other mock up for the DMCC that been up for months
No, no, those were not big boards in the sand. Those were 1 - 1.5 sqm iluminated billboards hanging from the lamp poles in the middle of SZR on the road section between 5th - 6th interchange. The bulding renderings are visible if you go toward Jebel Ali, visible on the opposite direction are just DMCC advertising like: I'ts a free zone, 100% foreign capital and things like this.

Being in the middle of the road, you can't stop and take pictures of them. Someone else will pass there soon and confirm.

#18 ·
The best my camera phone can do:

The design reminded me of Emirates Towers. Imagine them with circle instead of triangle tower base and the glass faccade is not integrated in the building but put forward like a shield.

Please someone else drives past the 5th interchange toward Jebel Ali and confirm to the others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.