SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A S T O R I A

Beirut, Lebanon

www.jamilibrahim.com.lb

Accessing ASTORIA, one has a feel of infusion. Gardens & water cascade mesh to form a oneness between structure and environment.

The state of the art residential tower has 20 floors divied up between two identical blocks, but entirely independent.

Situated between Raouche and Ain ElMraiseh, the ASTORIA building towers over the Mediterranean and rests along the most famous seaside corniche in Beirut.

Ideally located within walking distance from Hamra, Raouche, the hotel district and Down Town, this imposing residential tower enjoys, besides the panoramic view, proximity to the most sought-after outlets in the city.

It lies within a wide array of restaurants, supermarkets, and is in the vicinity of major universities and hospitals.

There is an apartment on each landing, with breathtaking 360 degree views and private gardens.​

Floor Plan

·
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, let me bring some life into this thread with my updates!
I really like how this tower is coming along and I love how its location makes it visible from multiple angles...

From the front:

From the side:

From the back:

·
Registered
644 Posts
^^ Well, I didn't have the opportunity to look upwards coz I was in a car, but it seemed to have gained height.

·
Centro America!
2,137 Posts
WAUUUUWWWWW, that such a great project rising over Beirut, CONGRATULATIONS, its very nice, and the desing of the building its also very nice....:)

·
Registered
644 Posts
^^ Today I saw it and the building has nearly topped out. But still too much work is needed. It seems they are working on a slow rate or had stopped construction last summer.

·
Son of the cedars
7,958 Posts
^^thanx Nareg.,the most important thing is that they still working on it :)

·
Son of the cedars
7,958 Posts
^^WOW!!!!!!!!!
This thread needed an update,this project improves the skyline in that area.and i like its location the most.

·
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Across the street from where the bombing took place, the 10-story Hotel Mediterranee had all its front windows shattered by the blast.

"All the glass up to the 10th floor is broken and many aluminum [balcony] frames," said Rania Halabi, the hotel owner's daughter, as she observed workers covering the windows with sheets of plastic. The hotel's restaurant was empty Wednesday night, and Halabi said she expected no one would come over the next few days.

"We started renovations, asking no one to help. We'll keep going on," she told The Daily Star.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb

Astoria is located even closer to the bombing site, I wonder if the building sustained any damages?

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
^^ no it wasnt, if u watched LBC u were able to see that it was a bit further then the blast, nothing happened to it

1 - 20 of 62 Posts