Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
:applause: BRIDGEWAY AT ZAYED SPORTS CITY:applause:

This urban destination is adjacent to the UAE’s largest sports stadium – host to major international events. Clearly visible from Airport Road and overlooking public gardens, ‘Bridgeway at Zayed Sports City’ includes a five star hotel, serviced & residential apartments and shopping complex.

It is close to Abu Dhabi International Airport, the Abu Dhabi Golf Club, the new Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre and is less than 20 minutes drive from the city’s main business district – enhancing its appeal for business travellers.

Due for completion in 2009, the complex is designed as a peaceful city retreat, and will be distinguished by unique design and architecture, crowned by a fabric tensile roof running throughout the project, with the grounds dotted with landscaped gardens and water features.

A joint venture between TDIC and Abu Dhabi’s Al Farida Group, one of the region’s most expansive and diversified investment conglomerates, the development will be constructed at a cost of AED 500 million (US $136 million).

between TDIC and Abu Dhabi’s Al Farida Group, one of the region’s most expansive and diversified investment conglomerates, the development will be constructed at a cost of AED 500 million (US $136 million).

FACTS

Hotel

Accommodation

306 room, 11-storey hotel featuring a 41 metre high glazed atrium
42 square metres standard rooms
Junior and executive suites
Dining

All day dining restaurant
Suspended oyster restaurant and lounge with 360 degree views of Abu Dhabi
Ground floor cigar lounge
Business and meeting Facilities

Business Centre
Convention and banquet and facilities for 350 delegates
Three meeting rooms with total auditorium capacity of 250 seats
Leisure

Health club with indoor and outdoor swimming pools, squash, tennis courts and gym
Apartments

Park-view apartments tower
146 serviced apartments: 54 studio, 92 one-bedroom
91 two bedroom, long term rental apartments

Shopping Mall
Ground floor shopping centre with 6,000 square meters of lettable retail space and food court
600 underground car parking spaces, in addition to ample surface parking

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
:cheer: Aslams......:cheer:

·
Registered
190 Posts
:eek:mg:

oh my god, I'v been out of the country for 3 months, and the building was bearly visible from Airport road, now its almost completed :applause:

thanks bu_maitha

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I think 'almost complete' is taking it a step to far, but I understand what you mean ;)
I have to say it though, I'm not a fan of the cladding, and it looks nothing like the original renders.

Is there still another building to rise in this complex? Some of the renders show 2 buildings..

·
Registered
190 Posts
Last week it wasn't opened yet, Barriers was still there too. I dont know why its taking too long for fitting work.

Rocco Forte Hotel will be opening there.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Really nice design ( I mean the interiors ) :)
Now all we just need is that the proyect in Zayed Sports City gets built and finished... :eek:hno:

My heart beats for Paris :bowtie:

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
I like it, and I dont at the same time. It might not date very well, particularly the glazing colour choices.

So many interesting buildings going up in the MIddle east still though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts