SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 4242 Posts

·
23,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 90st, 297m proposal for Vision site.

90-storey building planned for Vision Tower site

by Michelle Hele

THE site of the failed Vision Tower in the Brisbane CBD has been earmarked for what is being touted as Brisbane's tallest building.

The new owners of the property which spans between 111 Mary Street and 222 Margaret Street, have lodged a development application with the Brisbane City Council for a 90-storey or 297 m-tall development.

It proposes two towers for the site featuring a five-star hotel, commercial and residential development. The project will be known as 111+222.

The property has sat vacant since the Vision project went into receivership. It was sold off by its liquidators for about $40 million last year in a deal negotiated by Jeff Dolan and Damian Winterburn.

Clearing work and excavation works had been finished some years ago with the seven-level hole filling with water following January's floods in Brisbane.

Developers John Kinsella's Billbergia Group and AMP Capital Investors revealed today a premium hotel was a key component of the application.

Billbergia spokesman Rick Graf said the development would consist of two towers - one 90 storeys and the other 34 storeys.

The plans lodged with council are for; a 34-storey tower at 111 Mary Street, a 380 room hotel at 222 Margaret St, with ballroom, restaurants and bars, and a public link from Mary St to Margaret St, a residential tower with a mix of 790 studio, one, two and three bedroom apartments.

The first stage of the development will be to provide eight levels of underground car parking with 980 spaces.

With the site already excavated it is hoped work will start on that stage this year and be finished by the end of next year.

The two towers have been designed by Bates Smart Architects and the project is expected to take about five years to complete.

·
23,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Soul, looks like your prediction was closest. It seems like about 295m and 140/150m.

When can we expect the documents to be up?? This will be the most important development in Brisbane for the next few years... (hopefully).

My prediction... 2 towers.

290m
160m

·
Optimist
7,292 Posts
WOW !!

So much better then i was expecting! And taller! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
OMG 90 stories!, AWESOME!, wow I haven't been this happy in a while,Looks Better and taller than even the most optimistic predictions...OMG!

BTW if someone can change the thread title to 111+222.

XD!

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
I let out a quiet "yay" in the office. This is SO F&*&*& good :banana:

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
OMG!!! I cant believe it is that tall!!

If we couldn't have Vision, this is the perfect replacement. Design is great too. But dare i say it... an extra 3, or even 2 metres would have been the icing on the cake.

Surely they would have had an urge to do that to claim australia's tallest to roof. Wonder why they didnt? Hell slap a tall cardboard box on the roof. thats all it needs.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
^^Samuel I reckon they should slap on a Trilogy inspired 3 section illuminated light beacon take it to 330m:)P Q1).

Im so Happy! XD!

·
23,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The paper doesn't say whether the 197m height is RL or AGL. We'll have to wait for the documents.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Obervation deck? Is it still included. Wow Infinity height extension and now this:cheers:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Amazing, best possible outcome! Looks great as well... simple but elegant. It is strange that they didn't add the extra 3 or 4 metres though. Can anyone elaborate?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
maybe to not "scare" the NIMBY's?, they can alter the height a.k.a as Infinity's was earlier today, so I would'nt worry that much.

·
New Urbanist
5,472 Posts
Holy F*ing CRAP!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I gotta say, i did remind people that this was going to be Brisbane's tallest and 'most iconic' tower :p Great outcome for Brisbane!! this is BETTER then Vision in my opinion!

1 - 20 of 4242 Posts