SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
Denis, these are two different towers.

If you check the boards, they have different plot numbers. The one nearer to Al Salam Tecom Tower is already under construction with Middle East Foundation doing the piling work.

The second one, further away, is more quiet. I got only the picture of the board for this one:

We should take picture of the other board also and create 2 separate threads, with plot numbers in the title, to differentiate therm, untill more details are available.

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, ypur photo shows the sign board i'm talking about

i though it's 1 huge tower as both boards only have "national engineering bureau" on it, who is the architect

once the render or renders (in case these are 2 different towers) we can open another thread

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
The plot for this tower is A013-025. I think the other plot nearer to Al Salam is A013-023.

These two bnoards are there for almost 2 months. We have heard news before for a Saudi group that would build 2 twin towers in Dubai Media City, so it might be these two.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
My source was Real Estate TV and that was long, long time ago, I think during the Travel Market exibition or even before.

I remember to have posted here the name of the company and the value of the investment, but I don't remember in which thread.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
Two clarify the location, on the board is written:

Plot No. A013-025 & A013-026

It is clear that it will be one building xomplex on both plots, but they are very wide, even for a twin tower, so it must be a wide base complex maybe with conferencing facilities.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
They were addind contractor's tags on the board today. I think the main contractor was: Al Sharaf Contracting.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
It might be Al Shafar also. I was driving by and the ketters were in light green so not easily visible. Also the ladder was partially blocking the view.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
The main contracter is: AL SHAFAR GENERAL CONTRACTING CO. LLC

Same company is building the Golden Sands tower in SZR.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
The first tower is rising now, you can see the metal bars above the surrounding board.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
BTW Dennis, these are certanly a complex of 2 towers, build on two plots A013-025 & A013-026, propably twins so you should change the thread title accordinly.

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i drove past it very late last night at 2.30am and there is light on the site
i thought this project wasn't really under c because i haven't seen construction going on for a while

no renders on the boards yet

but yes, it must be a massive twin tower complex
both towers should sit on a very wide base!

1 - 20 of 260 Posts