SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 1147 Posts

·
Registered
76,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A stage 1 DA has been lodged for a mixed use dev at 375 George st and 46-54 york st. The project utilizes 2 x 7storey heritage bldgs on york st as podium with 20storey units on top reaching 80m high.
Ill post some model pix as soon as my damn cam gets fixed.
The tower will dominate the streescape along george st . it is basically south of Apple store tower (77king). approx same height.

aerial showing site

·
Registered
76,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^yes, the podium is stage one while the tower is stage 2 ,thus the see-thru envelope. future stage.

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
It will be interesting when they reveal the look of this proposal.

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
^yes, the podium is stage one while the tower is stage 2 ,thus the see-thru envelope. future stage.
I presume the podium will be retail and office??? That part of George St is popular with retailers these days. Not so long ago, it was discount stores and convience stores.

·
Registered
76,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes ground floor retail with 6 office floors

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
I've had to check the address because there is a proposal mentioned by Cul for 375 George St and properties at 36-48 York Street.

I'm not sure if there is the one he was refering to?

The buildings on George St are terrible and have a few floors vacant at present.

·
Registered
19,877 Posts
I took the address off the DA which, in fact, presented it as 2 consecutive addresses in York St and 2 consecutive addresses in George St, which I 'rationalised'. There is a diagram of the properties involved in the SEE. The 2 nice old buildings on George St are not involved but the 2 1960s Nasties are for the chop. It is an irregular, T-shaped site, longer in York St. where all the old buildings, on a cursory glance, seemed to be scheduled for preservation, or their façades at least.
I'd say it's the same one Cul mentioned.

·
Registered
76,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^no probs

·
Registered
76,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the tower segment has been removed from design. now only going ahead with new 5storey bldgs on george street ffs.

1 - 20 of 1147 Posts