SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1468 Posts

·
A 'Refined Bogan'
8,137 Posts
old thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=451677

http://www.centurycity.com.au/

Consists of a 4 level retail podium of 8,500 sqm, anchored by Woolworths and an international foodcourt. Other tennents have not been named yet, although it is expected to attract high-end retaillers.

The office tower will be situated above the retail podium and rises 17 levels high and had a lettable area of 28,000sqm. INPEX has signed to become the first tennent and will take up the top 4 floors (7,000sqm). NAB have 8,900sqm which means its at 60% capacity just with NAB and INPEX. Apache have also committed to 7,000sqm

Total height is 103m to architectual fold element and completion due late 2007 for retail and mid 2008 for office.

Project budget: $250 million AUD
Developers: Pivot Group (under Axiom Property) and ISPT
Architects: Hames Sharley
Contractor: Multiplex

Latest renders:

and lets not just forget how deep the hole is

Latest Update

Roof Structure

·
In the sweetspot
9,047 Posts
why did they demolish that building in the 1st pic to build a 1 story toys r us instead ...
Well, the picture looks to be the same site.

·
Here
6,589 Posts
why did they demolish that building in the 1st pic to build a 1 story toys r us instead ...
It was the old ANZ Bank building which was still standing in the early 1990s. There was a huge oversupply and vacancies in the office supply market during that time and so there probably was no value in refurbishing it. I am guessing it and the other buildings on the block were pulled down for something that could earn money for the owners of the property, retail on Hay Street Mall.

Earlier ANZ building and then the 1960's replacement

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
I hate seeing old photos like that. It looked like a nice building (the pre-1960's one that is). But i am bery pleased with the current building, the blue of the glass is probs some of th best in perth, along with exchange plaza...

·
Registered
481 Posts
The one complaint I have about this building is that so much of the Terrace-level frontage between Bankwest and Trinity looks like it's going to be taken up by driveways, laneway access and gaps betwen buildings. Look at how all those buildings in Ipggi's first photo are right next to each other with no gaps. That's the way main streets should be built.

You could pretty much fit one of those great old buildings in the gap between CC and Bankwest Tower. Instead it's all reserved for vehicle access :(

·
fierce buildings papi.
9,737 Posts
i disagree.

and secondly most of st georges tce from william st westwards is wall to wall... except for tha north-west cnr william st/st george tower forecourts...

thirdly.. you can't build right up to bankwest tower...

and lastly, i would have preferred a tiered looking tower next to bankwest rather than tha straight up glass.

:p

·
In the sweetspot
9,047 Posts
The gap where there appears filled with a screen (or maybe just an advertising board) is visible. I know it was discussed before - but can't remember the outcome. Was there to be an electronic screen?

Edit - looking at Aux's photos I'd say it might be neither. I wouldn't think that it'd get put in front of glass - which would leave the tiles area above the glass, which by the render in Post 1 is just the "100" numbers.

·
Single, looking to mingle
10,569 Posts
congrats aux, officially the first photos of this entrance.

thankyou. looks good next to the old white facade.

·
Here
6,589 Posts
The gap where there appears filled with a screen (or maybe just an advertising board) is visible. I know it was discussed before - but can't remember the outcome. Was there to be an electronic screen?

Edit - looking at Aux's photos I'd say it might be neither. I wouldn't think that it'd get put in front of glass - which would leave the tiles area above the glass, which by the render in Post 1 is just the "100" numbers.
External advertising would not be permitted unless it was Century City signage, such as the '100'. A LED screen would require a separate application with the City of Perth? I think the signage wise it will turn out exactly like the render.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Article in today's west which explains the retail opening.

STAGE ONE: Hay St Mall frontage open for xmas
STAGE TWO: Woolies open for June!!

·
Melbourne quality poster
8,791 Posts
yup. the article also said 71% of retail is either leased or under offer but the office side is pretty much all leased (97%).

·
Registered
8,126 Posts
yup. the article also said 71% of retail is either leased or under offer but the office side is pretty much all leased (97%).
I'm hoping 71% is a representative figure and not because 60% is Woolies or something. Although the article said demand has been 'outstanding' I believe it when I see it.
Please NO priceline, NO chemist and NO Red Rooster.

1 - 20 of 1468 Posts