Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi good evening all.

I am new here. Recently I have gone to see this condo call "The Citrine" at jalan dotoh. The price is surprisingly cheap considered it is near Novena area.
I have visited the showroom and its design is not bad either.

Can any experts here advice if this condo is a good buy or can provide me further information? Thanks a lot. :)

Melissa.

·
3,636 Posts
Hi Melissa, welcome to the forum :)
Sorry I don't know anything about the Citrine, but surely someone will ^ ^

·
Registered
63 Posts
melissa said:
Hi good evening all.

I am new here. Recently I have gone to see this condo call "The Citrine" at jalan dotoh. The price is surprisingly cheap considered it is near Novena area.
I have visited the showroom and its design is not bad either.

Can any experts here advice if this condo is a good buy or can provide me further information? Thanks a lot. :)

Melissa.
Hi Melissa,

welcome to the forum. I was at the citrine few months back too. The pricing is indeed very attractive and the design is excellent too.

However you may wish to note the following:
- only one /entrance/exit via a one way street which is also an exit from PIE to balestier road. Jams may be expected.
- surrounded by several tall apartments which may block your view.
- not really closed to the MRT.

Overall, I still think that it is pretty value for money. If you looking for 3-room units, you may also wish to look at Ecoville located further up near Shaw centre. (but is it more exp ard $620psf)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Melissa,

Found this webpage gallery about the citrine

http://pbase.com/citrine

I also found that it is indeed value for money. I also loves the design especially the skygarden.

Yes Shinjan is right..I also feel that it may have traffic jam. however if you take bus to work, there are quite a few bus to go to novena mrt or opposite direction to toa payoh mrt along the thomson road. :) so no worries about waiting for bus during peak hours.

Other things need to check is are there any good schools nearby, most people feels that condo near good school has better market value. :) Maybe other people can help u in this point.

·
Banned
344 Posts
Hi Melissa !

Errmm ... you are kanna con again by agents I supposed ... or rather hopefully not ...
The Novena area is a rather strange area when it comes to valuation ... Novena is near to Newton ... but the prices in Novena and Newton are quite the world apart ... So you cannot say that Novena apts going for $800 psf (for FH) is cheap ...

Same as Novena and Balestier area ... U cant compare the prices though they are like down the same Thomson Road ... your comparable prices will be the re-sale prices of the units within 1 or 2 blocks (ok ok 3-4 blocks also can) ... apartments like the Forte one nearby ... the De Royal, Papillon, D'Lotus, Paradiso all these .... and then take a discount due to factors given by Shinjan above ...

You will find that within 1 km range in the Newton Novena Balestier area produces valuations so far apart that no science can explain ... except MOI !!! haha!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
D12 | Balestier - The Centrio, The Verve

The Centrio is an exclusive 15-storey development embracing the spirit of modern living with a gracious and serene welcome each time you return to your private space. Situated within walking distance from Novena MRT, you are surrounded by a variety of shopping and dining choices from Velocity to Newton Circus, and Orchard Road. There is also no lack of choices for schools with premier schools like ACS, Singapore Chinese Girls and SJI Junior just nearby.

Indulge in a state of blissful bonding and sharing with your loved ones, family and friends, in the perfect setting of a joyful barbeque by the poolside. For the independent and free spirited, you may prefer escaping into a quiet solitude at the gymnasium for a private and invigorating workout.

With elegant and contemporary interiors, every unit is designed for comfort and lavish living. The Centrio is a warm abode to immerse yourself into a private world of luxury while enjoying spectacular views of the city landscape from your balcony.

·
Not Registered User
3,338 Posts
This is behind Pinnacle 16 right? Same developer as Pinnacle 16 in fact - Soilbuild.

·
Registered
65 Posts
No it s not behind any building it s just on it s own !!! surrounded by greenery, look at the beautiful picture that s been posted (just kidding). in singapore all buildings are surrounded by greenery but still within 2 min there are huge shopping centers (those magically do not appear on the pic of your condo of course).

Also i always love the description which systematically goes like: "indulge in your own private abode a mere minutes from orchard, we have redefine luxury for connoisseur who only go for the finest things in life blah blah blah..."
ah ah i am being bad here but seriously they could be a bit more creative to sell million $ properties.

We should start a thread about agent n developpers' tricks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Centrio is more closer to Novena mrt than those condos in Mandalay road area, like Pavillion 11, Ansley or Monte Blue.
It only can take 5min to reach to Novena sq and mrt.
Most affordable price with good location among condos in Novena area.

·
Not Registered User
3,338 Posts
OK, at least this is better than e.g.-The Ansley. Actual building at Mandalay Road but it was sold as Novena Prices.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Casa Fortuna (2x18 Floors, Due June 2012)

Project Name : CASA FORTUNA (Dist 12)

Developer : Springlife Land Pte Ltd
(Co Registration No.200501710G)

Legal Description : Lot 5775C & 4113X MK 17
At Jalan Rajah /Ah Hood Rd

Property Type : 2 Blocks of 18 Storey (Tower 1)
& 12 Storey (Tower 2) Apartments
(consist of 1/1+1/2 Bedroom , Penthouses)

Property Address : 36 & 38 Ah Hood Road Singapore 329980

Tenure : Estate in Fee Simple (Freehold)

Site Area : Approx. 2585 sqm / 27,824 sq ft

Expected T.O.P : 30 June 2012

Facilities
2nd Storey Sky Terrace: Infinity Lap Pool ( 25 m X 5 m )
Wadding Pool ( 5 m X 3 m )
Pool Deck
Gymnasium
Children's Play Area
BBQ Area

Penthouse: (Type B1 & C1)
Private Pool
Jacuzzi

Plot Ratio : 2.8

Total Unit : 106 Units

Carpark Lots : Basement - 65 Lots & Surface – 41 Lots
(Include 12 Mechanical Lots)

Ceiling Height : Typical – 2.95 m
2nd Floor & Penthouses – minimum 4.5

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

·
小肥猪
2,015 Posts
That was fast! How much was it sold for? Any DPS?

Ah Hood Road is somewhere near Toa Payoh... I think...

·
Registered
14 Posts
its actually off Balestier Rd, pretty near Toa Payoh oso. some of the landmark along Ah Hood Road will be Sun Yat Sen Villa, a Burmese Temple and SPANS (police clubhouse equivalent to SAFRA) :)

·
Not Registered User
3,338 Posts
its actually off Balestier Rd, pretty near Toa Payoh oso. some of the landmark along Ah Hood Road will be Sun Yat Sen Villa, a Burmese Temple and SPANS (police clubhouse equivalent to SAFRA) :)
Sounds attravtive. Any idea how much the units were sold for?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts