Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
小肥猪
2,015 Posts
I wish agents good luck. 2 bedroom must sell @ 950-1000psf to make $. HDB upgraders will pay cash to buy from them? I doubt so.
I wish they lose money. I mean, don’t you think they are being unfair, unethical and unprofessional because such greedy act means genuine buyers have to suffer higher prices? Hmm... but then again, if these buyers are genuine, they should look at the resale market and not feed the frenzy in new launches… there’s enough properties to go around actually…

·
余博士
3,875 Posts
Too fierce liao!!!

Better keep quiet.:lol:

·
小肥猪
2,015 Posts
Too fierce liao!!!

Better keep quiet.:lol:
:lol: No lah, little pig never fierce... just that I feel very strongly that agents must have professional ethics, cannot take advantage of the position/situation... its just like insider trading. But having said that, ignorant and greedy buyers are also to be blamed...

I was watching the news while having dinner at home last week and I saw how people in the showroom clapped and cheered every time a buyer got picked from the balloting box... my jaws (and rice) almost dropped! Why are they cheering these buyers who are going to pay such highly-priced suburb condos in these uncertain times?

Then it dawned on me - I guess most of them are not serious buyers who want to stay there but hope to flip it for some quick cash. Such is human nature, the greedy side of it. :p

·
歌劇魅影
1,199 Posts
:lol: No lah, little pig never fierce... just that I feel very strongly that agents must have professional ethics, cannot take advantage of the position/situation... its just like insider trading. But having said that, ignorant and greedy buyers are also to be blamed...

I was watching the news while having dinner at home last week and I saw how people in the showroom clapped and cheered every time a buyer got picked from the balloting box... my jaws (and rice) almost dropped! Why are they cheering these buyers who are going to pay such highly-priced suburb condos in these uncertain times?

Then it dawned on me - I guess most of them are not serious buyers who want to stay there but hope to flip it for some quick cash. Such is human nature, the greedy side of it. :p
Come on lah, DBR subsale 2br high floor now only btn 720-750k ... how to flip at 850k for Optima? May be diff of one MRT stop commands 100k more :eek:hno:

3br even worse, Waterfront collection & DBR still have direct new developer sale @ 700psf

·
余博士
3,875 Posts
With 6 billion people on earth, I bet we have an idiot born every 10 second.

·
Registered
234 Posts
They are cheering for their fellow agent who landed that successful buyer.

I can't help but think of Sunshine Empire when I witness those scenes.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Haiz... we are also displaying the 'ugly' human nature ourselves.. we should be happy for them if they have bought with eyes open (maybe can even see further than us). This will help to move the secondary markets...

·
小肥猪
2,015 Posts
Many bought by agents to flip.
Haiz... we are also displaying the 'ugly' human nature ourselves.. we should be happy for them if they have bought with eyes open (maybe can even see further than us). This will help to move the secondary markets...
I was responding to your earlier comment that agents bought to flip - this is unethical... should we be happy?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I was responding to your earlier comment that agents bought to flip - this is unethical... should we be happy?
While I heard many agents I personally know told me to jump in or to join them to flip, it's not possible that so many agents bought all the units.

The others who are genuine buyers, who bought with their eyes open, we should be happy that for them because it will also pull up the overall prices of secondary markets...

·
小肥猪
2,015 Posts
While I heard many agents I personally know told me to jump in or to join them to flip, it's not possible that so many agents bought all the units.

The others who are genuine buyers, who bought with their eyes open, we should be happy that for them because it will also pull up the overall prices of secondary markets...
Yes, I'm happy for genuine buyers, I always do... I just hope agents can be more professional and ethical... these few black sheeps really give good agents and the industry a very bad name, which is so unfair...

·
Registered
697 Posts
:lol: No lah, little pig never fierce... just that I feel very strongly that agents must have professional ethics, cannot take advantage of the position/situation... its just like insider trading.
The "insider trading" thing reminds me of a recent court case where an agent "advised" a seller the "market rate" of his apartment (which was way below the actual market rate). The buyer of this apartment turned out to be the agent's boss' wife. Subsequently, this lady flipped the apartment. Anyway, the article is here. :eek:hno:

·
小肥猪
2,015 Posts
The "insider trading" thing reminds me of a recent court case where an agent "advised" a seller the "market rate" of his apartment (which was way below the actual market rate). The buyer of this apartment turned out to be the agent's boss' wife. Subsequently, this lady flipped the apartment. Anyway, the article is here. :eek:hno:
that's exactly what i mean - unfair competition

·
小肥猪
2,015 Posts
well looks like the capital gain tax coming this Jan will be pass. I guess its targeted at these agent who fan the speculation flames...
how? who is keeping taps of who sold how many OTPs... we are talking about agents flipping OTPs, not property owners selling properties... agents selling their own portfolio of properties is one thing, flipping OTPs is another...

·
Registered
266 Posts
See Classified Ads. Already trying to flip.
This agent flipping not so smart...put stack and level....as good as telling the world who is the one flipping...

just check owner of #04-17, #06-17, #07-17 once caveat out

One of our sources that wish to remain anonymous spotted units in [email protected] Merah being flipped in an agent multi-listing system:

"SOLD OUT PROJECT!! OPTIMA @ TANAH MERAH PREMIER STACK 17, 2+STUDY, 947SQFT, #04, #06, #07 $993psf. CALL: 985XXXXX - Charles"

So an uncompleted two bedroom in Tanah Merah is now asking for $940k. Oh, and expect more ads from [email protected] Merah flippers in the papers tomorrow.
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Optima flippers in action already/

1 - 20 of 49 Posts