SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 291 Posts

·
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think I told you already that something was happening on Delta Road, next to the Jervois Jade.
It seems that this development is taking shape very rapidly, but there is still not much info available. it is even not referred on the URA website !!!

I failed to realize at first that it is not next to Seiclene House, it is actually where Seiclene House used to be !

Here are some so-so pics I have of Seiclene House.

(fenced building on the right)

(the one at the front)

I called the thread like this as I don't know the project name, maybe someone can call the number on this pic and ask ;-)

·
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might be this one. I found a reference to a Domain 21 condo project on Delta Road, but with 138 units and not 141... I didn't see any showflat :-/ And it's not on URA website (or I couldn't find it). Wtf ?!?

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
I thought Seiclene House used to be a factory?

@hya, I agree on the name...it just sounds like a club or something other than an apartment

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
More choices in riverfront living ahead

28 Jul 05

Domain 21 to be launched at an average of $650 psf

By ARTHUR SIM

COME this weekend, more people in Singapore will be able to consider riverfront living.

Kheng Leong Co, veteran banker Wee Cho Yaw's private investment vehicle, will be launching the 141-unit Domain 21 at an average of $650 psf.

Located near the junction of River Valley Road and Jervois Road, the development is by the Singapore River and is next to a park connector that will link it to Robertson Quay, Clarke Quay, Boat Quay and even Marina Bay.

Domain 21 is a 99-year leasehold property - hence the price - but its marketing consultant, Knight Frank executive director (residential department) Peter Ow, believes that the higher rental yield due to lower prices makes it very attractive.

'The lease is not an issue here because it is in a very good location,' he added.

Other features include a deferred downpayment scheme and an open island-counter concept kitchen. 'You only see this in high-end developments costing at least $1,000 psf,' said Mr Ow.

For potential owner-occupiers, Domain 21 also represents an affordable option in riverfront living. Generally, the closer you get to the city, the more expensive it gets.

Recently launched Rivergate at Robertson Quay by City Developments Ltd and Hwa Hong Corp will cost about $1,080 psf. Hong Leong Holdings Watermark, also at Robertson Quay, is selling at an average $900 psf.

These developments are no less desirable - Rivergate has sold about 200 out of 545 units so far - but are certainly targeted at the higher-end of the market.

Also coming up at the Robertson Quay enclave, where the former Trademart and warehouses once stood, is HPL's Robertson Blue. It is understood that the residential development has already been soft-launched. The average asking price is not known but is expected to be around $1,000 psf as well.

If the River Valley vicinity is where you want to be, but you still have some budget constraints, then instead of going further upriver, moving away from the riverfront also makes prices more affordable. Guocoland's newly launched 97-unit Leonie Studios in Leonie Hill - going for an average $880 psf - is still within easy reach of the Singapore River.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Other features include a deferred downpayment scheme and an open island-counter concept kitchen. 'You only see this in high-end developments costing at least $1,000 psf,' said Mr Ow.
Mr Ow, what is an "open island-counter concept kitchen"? If it is what I think it is, then I have seen these kitchens in the showflats of Parc Emily, [email protected] Sophia and even in City Square Residences! Not exactly $1,000psf territory is it.

Anyway, I think the 99-year leasehold Domain 21 is a steal at $650 psf. It is on the southwestern fringe of District 10 and is technically still a District 10 property, but your view will be of the old HDB flats in the Delta/Redhill area. A good choice for HDB upgraders, as it is priced very competitively against rivals in the upgrader market located in less illustrious neighborhoods - City Square Residences (freehold) and City Lights (leasehold) immediately come to mind.

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
jchua76 said:
Mr Ow, what is an "open island-counter concept kitchen"? If it is what I think it is, then I have seen these kitchens in the showflats of Parc Emily, [email protected] Sophia and even in City Square Residences! Not exactly $1,000psf territory is it.
Isnt that like some "dry kitchen" breakfast table?

Just change the layout and slap a concept to it :D

1 - 20 of 291 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.