Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody knows when is the indicative release of these apartments and indicative prices?:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Showflat isn t open yet but should be launching soon (got this info from the guard who s at the showflat).
Had called up in JUly as they were to launch soon but they ve apparently postponed due to subprime i believe. So showflat has been up n ready for 2 months now.
Estilo which is across the rd n also FH, selling for 1500 - 1600 psf (very poor development there are still a few units available) but Wilkie Studio (yes that s the name) will be nice I am sure and with one entrance / exit thru mount emily park. A few 2 bed units on the top floor (i think it s 5th floor) the rest will be all studios with pool in front of the development (info from CDL when i had called up last july)

·
Not Registered User
3,338 Posts
The name "Wikie Studios" sounds fantastic! A great contrast to names like "Wilkie Residences" and "One Wilkie"

·
Not Registered User
3,338 Posts
I don't really know but rt282 in post 2 of this thread said that the indicative price is around $1,800 psf - $1,900 psf.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't really know but rt282 in post 2 of this thread said that the indicative price is around $1,800 psf - $1,900 psf.

called CDL yesterday and the indicative price will be at least $1700 psf upwards.

Do you think this area warrants such value? Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sophia area is a great place to live, been staying there for 7 yrs n i can assure u it s transforming itself very quickly.
It s not so much for the rich n famous (even if eventually it will be since prices are skyrocketing) but more for pple who want convenience and quietness at the same time.

Of course within the sophia area u ve got a hierarchy in terms of location, depending if it s sophia rd, wilkie rd, adis rd and also since Sophia area is located btw orchard n little india.

Amongst the plus points: cold storage 2 mins walk, new shopping center wilkie edge ready in a year, very easy to find cabs, quiet, mount emily park, wild rocket restaurant and more coming up (on the highest point of mount sophia opposite [email protected] sophia) and i would now even say the area is still relatively green given singapore is becoming a new HK in the downtown area.
The designer furniture shop Air Division uk has just set up their showroom there and don t forget that peace center n paradize center are going en bloc.
U also have Sophia court which has gone en bloc n Guocco land will definitly price their units there above 2k psf in 2Q08. 4 other smaller (50 units) luxurious developments are coming in Sophia rd n wilkie rd.

As for the pricing of wilkie studio FH it s about the same as [email protected] sophia which is LH with a much better location, however i believe CDL development will be nicer n more exclusive than [email protected] sophia.
Hope this helps.

·
Not Registered User
3,338 Posts
Sophia area is a great place to live, been staying there for 7 yrs n i can assure u it s transforming itself very quickly.
It s not so much for the rich n famous (even if eventually it will be since prices are skyrocketing) but more for pple who want convenience and quietness at the same time.

Of course within the sophia area u ve got a hierarchy in terms of location, depending if it s sophia rd, wilkie rd, adis rd and also since Sophia area is located btw orchard n little india.

Amongst the plus points: cold storage 2 mins walk, new shopping center wilkie edge ready in a year, very easy to find cabs, quiet, mount emily park, wild rocket restaurant and more coming up (on the highest point of mount sophia opposite [email protected] sophia) and I would now even say the area is still relatively green given singapore is becoming a new HK in the downtown area.
The designer furniture shop Air Division UK has just set up their showroom there and don t forget that peace center and paradize center are going en bloc.
U also have Sophia court which has gone en bloc n Guocco land will definitly price their units there above 2k psf in 2Q08. 4 other smaller (50 units) luxurious developments are coming in Sophia Road and Wilkie Road.

As for the pricing of wilkie studio FH it s about the same as [email protected] Sophia which is LH with a much better location, however I believe CDL development will be nicer n more exclusive than [email protected] Sophia.
Hope this helps.
Is [email protected] Sophia boutique development also? If so, why are prices at 8 so high?

·
Sailing~
759 Posts

Amongst the plus points: cold storage 2 mins walk, new shopping center wilkie edge ready in a year, very easy to find cabs, quiet, mount emily park, wild rocket restaurant and more coming up (on the highest point of mount sophia opposite [email protected] sophia) and i would now even say the area is still relatively green given singapore is becoming a new HK in the downtown area.
The designer furniture shop Air Division uk has just set up their showroom there and don t forget that peace center n paradize center are going en bloc.
U also have Sophia court which has gone en bloc n Guocco land will definitly price their units there above 2k psf in 2Q08. 4 other smaller (50 units) luxurious developments are coming in Sophia rd n wilkie rd.

As for the pricing of wilkie studio FH it s about the same as [email protected] sophia which is LH with a much better location, however i believe CDL development will be nicer n more exclusive than [email protected] sophia.
Hope this helps.
Nice~

Didnt know you already stayed there for 7 years before getting nomu.. Must be one of the gems in the area. Really missed out on nomu when we got parc emily...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like the area actually...

But I have an issue with the kids and punks hanging around Dhoby Ghaut and Plaza Singapura all night till the morning. Fights break out every so often, discarded litter including beer bottles litter the landscape.:eek:hno:

·
Not Registered User
3,338 Posts
Also, remember there was an incident where the police raided an area outside Plaza Singapura for fake goods?

·
Registered
65 Posts
hi surfers, do u know how much was the average selling price psf for Nomu during initial launch (would u happen to have the price list by any chance?).
Also did u attend the launch n finally does anyone know if there ever was a showflat for this condo as it seems there had been very little publicity during launch n all units were snapped up back in aug05 then that was it.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.