SkyscraperCity Forum banner
21 - 40 of 662 Posts
G

·
the turbines

There is a feasibility study being done on the turbines, and there is a very good chance that they will be completed at the same time the towers are complete

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
WORK has started on two new 42-storey office blocks and more than 100 new shops at the Bahrain Commercial Complex. Construction is now underway on the twin tower development, which is due to be completed in the summer of 2006.

Meanwhile, the City Gardens shopping centre Retail Tenants Forum discussed ways of co-operating at its first meeting at the Sheraton Hotel.

The forum has been implemented by DTZ Bahrain, the centre's new property management company appointed by the owners, to improve interaction between the tenants and the owners.

DTZ property management head Cliff Langford said the forum gave tenants the opportunity to work together to create strategies for promoting the centre both locally and regionally.

Mr Langford attended the meeting in an advisory role, along with Carol Melrose, managing director of Contact Communications, which has been appointed marketing consultant for the complex.

Mr Langford said it was important for tenants use the forum as a platform to air their views about the running of the centre and to provide new ideas for its development.

"At the same time, the centre is under development and the facilities being added will ensure that it will maintain its position of being the most exclusive mall in Bahrain," he said.

A new promotion planned for the mall was also discussed.

The association will encourage all tenants to become members and work towards mutually agreed strategic objectives.

The forum will be working with Contact Communications to implement a unified owner and tenant marketing and promotion strategy.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
thanks tintin, say do u work in the sheraton or dtz? If so, am just wonderin how far did the project reach at the moment. Thanks for keeping us updated. So now I'd reckon the Bahrain Financial Harbour towers want to be taller than that since they always mention that they want to be the tallest. Any idea tintin of how high the bfh dual towers will be, cause they never mentioned? Thanks again.

G

·
the basement has been excavated and half the piles for the towers have been completed. I have no idea of how high the BFH will be, but I believe that its not as high. As for my knowledge of the project, I am the project designer.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
you mean the harbour towers dubai-lover? I'm happy that the sheraton finally decided to expand cause i always thought that having towers will be a really good idea and now they are building stunning towers, so its all sweet:)

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
Bahraini Spirit said:
you mean the harbour towers dubai-lover? I'm happy that the sheraton finally decided to expand cause i always thought that having towers will be a really good idea and now they are building stunning towers, so its all sweet:)
yes i do
wish you a nice weekend then :)
i'm happy too, but it's strange that an office tower is being built under the name of a hotel chain

G

·
The name will be World Trade Towers (was City Gardwns) and I don't have latest pics as I'm based in DUbai and not planning on going to Bahrain for possibily a month.

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
name has officially been changed today and no turbines in the model

New twin towers to house Bahrain World Trade Centre

Robin Williamson (left) unveils the BWTC model

Manama

A new twin-tower complex coming up in Bahrain's capital Manama has been named Bahrain World Trade Centre following an agreement with the World Trade Centre Association.

Construction is now under way on the new $150 million landmark office and retail development located on the Bahrain Commercial Complex (BCC) site and adjacent to the Sheraton Hotel in the heart of Manama.

unveiling a model of the development, Robin Williamson, general manager of DTZ, the marketing and leasing agent for the development property, said the twin 50-storey towers will become the tallest buildings in central Manama.

The 240-metre high commercial office buildings will provide 43 storeys of leaseable space. It also houses an extended retail centre which adds 148 more units to the existing City Gardens Mall as well as the opportunity to include top quality restaurants.

The complex will provide a total of approximately 120,961 sq m of space. The towers will rise above a podium which will have a retail area.

The Sheraton Hotel, which will form a component of the BWTC, will undergo an extensive facelift, to provide catering and conference facilities along with leisure and fine dining amenities.

There will be 1,700 parking lots in the complex, he said.

Already two clients have committed to sign up as tenants at the complex and more are showing interest, said Williamson.

A worldwide marketing campaign to attract high quality tenants will be launched soon, he said.

He said a representative of the World Trade Centre management will visit Bahrain later this month to meet with the owners and discuss details of the operation and the extensive services offered by the organisation. In addition plans will be implemented for managing the centre.

Nass-Murray & Roberts joint venture is the main contractor on the project.

Piling work is currently ongoing and work on the superstructure will start by the end of this month. The project will be completed in June 2006, said David Evans, project director of Nass-Murray & Roberts.-TradeArabia News Service

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
just read that article, that's good news to hear an official info launch about the project. Well about the naming, although it's been used for tons of other projects, it's better for marketing purposes as the World Trade Center is an already established and well known brand. I thought the price was $80 million initially rather than $150 million, but I suppose it's logical since $80 million isn't quite enough for a project of this scope. I heard about a project called the Pearl Towers also in the pipeline and that will cost $150 million, hmm I hope it's not this one though.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts

CONSTRUCTION is underway on what is to become Bahrain's tallest building, the twin towers of the Bahrain World Trade Centre (BWTC), scheduled for completion in 2006.

The building, on the Bahrain Commercial Complex (BCC) site and adjacent to the Sheraton Hotel in the heart of Manama, will house office and retail space.

It will be affiliated to the World Trade Centre Association (WTCA), which is a non-profit, non-political organisation, which fosters international trade and provides services to international investors.

The design comprises twin 50-storey towers, each of which is over 240 metres high.

The total area is around 120,961 metres square. In total, the development will incorporate 1,700 car parking spaces, providing a high ratio of spaces for both office tenants, visitors and shoppers.

DTZ Bahrain, which has been appointed marketing and leasing agents, will be offering the property's retail space to top-end retailers in order to maintain its exclusivity.

It will include 248 units ranging from 22 to 196 square metres, including a high quality dining area. Office spaces will be available on floors six to 39 with areas ranging from 294 to 1,142 sqm

A model of the development was unveiled to the Press at the BCC yesterday.

DTZ general manager Robin Williamson said that the building would enhance Bahrain's position as a commercial hub for trade in the Middle East.

A representative of the World Trade Centre management will be visiting Bahrain this month to meet the owners of the building and discuss details of the operation and the services offered by the organisation.

The centre's management said that it plans to unveil a strong plan of action aimed at ensuring that local businesses obtain the maximum benefit from its activities.

The centre adds to the 148 units existing at the City Gardens mall.

The Sheraton Hotel, which will form a component of the BWTC, will undergo an extensive facelift to provide catering and conference facilities along with leisure and fine dining outlets.

Almoayyed Tower, at Seef, is currently the tallest building in Bahrain at 173 metres, or 47 storeys.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
the height of the bahrain financial harbour towers will be approximately 260 m as given from a person workin in the project so that should make them the tallest buildings. The height is not bad at all, kinda like 2 21st century towers.

21 - 40 of 662 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.